Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The group arrived at the track around nine 0’clock. It was really hot all day. I think it was in the high 90s. The track became real greasy at 2p or so. My car was getting loose in 3rd (80-115mph). They pushed the qualifying up to 4p because of the heat.

I qualified in the 2nd position with an 11.58 @ 143. There was a boosted and bottled Chevy Silverado SS crew cab running low 11s @ 120ish. He qualified with an 11.4.

First round- Bye (Dennis Walsh accidentally got put in the class, he was running ET Streets), lost traction in 3rd and ran a [email protected] I changed the boost target in 3rd gear for round two.

Second round- Against a friend of mine, Marcus (Sherminator). Sherm runs a white coupe with a Vortech YSi-trim. He was running 11s @ 130 all night. My car hooked and ran a 10.96 @137 to his 11.2 @130. It was a close race because of a slight hole shot by Sherm.

Third round-Bye, I decided to go for lane choice and run it out. 11.6 @ 136. The clutch was smoked. Crap!

Fourth round- Against the No.1 qualifier. He ran an 11.4 the pass before. He choose the left lane. I acted as if nothing was wrong. I pulled round the water box, and backed up a bit. I decided not to revile my injured car by doing and burn-out with my clutch. I spun up to the rev-limiter and side stepped the clutch. The tires spun. Just enough to show that I was cleaning them off. I immediately staged the car. I was first in and with the two-step @ 5000 the car was playing the act perfect with a couple of pops. .400 Pro tree, yellow…red. The guy red-lit. I limped the car to a [email protected] I psyched him out.

I won a nice “Cup” and $750. I also currently hold the Scandalous Racing DR record. They are also going to add 15” DRs from now on but limit the tire size to 26” tall.

Special thanks to Barry and Dark Dragon Motorsports for their continued support and help.

·
cinnamon jelly bean
1,653 Posts
Nice job on bringing it home even with the car in limp mode. It's always good to go up and take the chance of the guy red lighting or breaking and taking the easy win rather then just putting it back on the trailer.

Whats your setup consist of and what did the 10 second slip look like?

congrats

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
Congrats! :bigthumb:

Big Jay said:
The group arrived at the track around nine 0’clock. It was really hot all day. I think it was in the high 90s. The track became real greasy at 2p or so. My car was getting loose in 3rd (80-115mph). They pushed the qualifying up to 4p because of the heat.

I qualified in the 2nd position with an 11.58 @ 143. There was a boosted and bottled Chevy Silverado SS crew cab running low 11s @ 120ish. He qualified with an 11.4.

First round- Bye (Dennis Walsh accidentally got put in the class, he was running ET Streets), lost traction in 3rd and ran a [email protected] I changed the boost target in 3rd gear for round two.

Second round- Against a friend of mine, Marcus (Sherminator). Sherm runs a white coupe with a Vortech YSi-trim. He was running 11s @ 130 all night. My car hooked and ran a 10.96 @137 to his 11.2 @130. It was a close race because of a slight hole shot by Sherm.

Third round-Bye, I decided to go for lane choice and run it out. 11.6 @ 136. The clutch was smoked. Crap!

Fourth round- Against the No.1 qualifier. He ran an 11.4 the pass before. He choose the left lane. I acted as if nothing was wrong. I pulled round the water box, and backed up a bit. I decided not to revile my injured car by doing and burn-out with my clutch. I spun up to the rev-limiter and side stepped the clutch. The tires spun. Just enough to show that I was cleaning them off. I immediately staged the car. I was first in and with the two-step @ 5000 the car was playing the act perfect with a couple of pops. .400 Pro tree, yellow…red. The guy red-lit. I limped the car to a [email protected] I psyched him out.

I won a nice “Cup” and $750. I also currently hold the Scandalous Racing DR record. They are also going to add 15” DRs from now on but limit the tire size to 26” tall.

Special thanks to Barry and Dark Dragon Motorsports for their continued support and help.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Great job, Big Jay! :)

Isn't Pete from Scandalous a pimp? :D

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
He is :bigthumb:

You should have made it out Dan, it was a fun event!

FYRARMS said:
Great job, Big Jay! :)

Isn't Pete from Scandalous a pimp? :D

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
I'll be at Vegas, Guilly! I'll buy the first round of cold beers! :coold:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
suprahead said:
Nice job on bringing it home even with the car in limp mode. It's always good to go up and take the chance of the guy red lighting or breaking and taking the easy win rather then just putting it back on the trailer.

Whats your setup consist of and what did the 10 second slip look like?

congrats
95 Mustang, 347, 91mm turbo, 5-spd
I actually did not get the slip but I went to the tower and got some numbers.

10.96 @ 137
1.6x 60ft
7.2x 1/8 @ 103.xx
I have a couple of pics but they are not on a server.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts