Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I am an arms deala!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I used the search button but couldn't find an answer I was looking for. I have a set of 18 x 10 Blitz Z2 wheels and I would like to put a Drag Radial on them. I have not rolled the inner fender of the car for fear of rusting. The only way that I would do that is if they could be cut, sealed and the entire quarter panels were re-painted.

Is there a good drag radial out there for street driving and the occasional drag strip run? The car is making just over 400+ HP and about 470 Ft/lb of Torque. I am currently running a 285/35/18 Kumho Supa Ecsta and they hold okay but I have no real traction until after 60mph. I would love to get that grip back in line with the car.

Thanks ahead of time for your insight.

·
Registered
13,569 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ya, 295/35/18's you will have to roll the fenders but its worth it!

·
Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
1,596 Posts
How do you guys find the cornering/handling of the BFG radials? I get the impression from their website that they are trying to maintain good cornering. I may run a DR in the future, but I wouldn't want to have a major sacrifice in handling compared to my current street tires. I often take corners almost at the limits of the car.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
The BFG's aren't horrible in cornering if they are aired up to the 29-30 PSI range, but not remotely close to a good street tire like a Pilot Sport. The sidewalls are just not made for cornering (not stiff enough).

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Nitto came out with a 555r2 or something like that that is supposed to be more tailored towards cornering. I only vaguely remember seeing something on it...I have no details....could look into it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts