Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the sring mod because it was only making .7 bar with a greddy pofec b. I thought it was the problem but after the spring, it makes 1 bar and still can't be adjusted with the contoller. I also have a 75 shot. Without the nitrous I ran a 13.8 with a 2.2 60 foot. What is the boost soupposed to be at compared to what it is now?
My mods are intake, exhaust, front mount, 1 bar of boost, 75 shot. Can anybody with similar mods post your times and traps please?

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
What tires? That makes a huge difference

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I have basically the same mods to my car, except I'm auto. I ran 12.19 @ 122. This is with a 2.5sec 60'. With a FMIC & tune on my recntly installed SAFC II, I'd like to see the Elevens.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the nitto 555r's and it just dosn't pull in the top end enough. Will the spring mod make you boost higher without a boost controller.

·
TH400 Club
809 Posts
Boost leak? Low compression? crappy driving?

What was your trap with the 13.8 run? If it was under 114 then boost leak or low compression.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I would check compression, do a boost leak test and keep solving the little problems. My car picked up 12 mph with more boost and fixing a major boost leak.

Staats

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,919 Posts
Definitely check for a boost leak, that sounds like the culprit. I also ran a 13.8 in my MKIV, but I trapped 121. Car wouldn't hook in 1st, 2nd or 3rd and got squirrley in 3rd, so I had to let off and then got back on it. That was on pump gas 18psi. My next mod will definitely be drag radials, I think they are "essential" for racing.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, I'm going to ckeck both of those this weekend. I do have a boost gauge and it says a solid 16 psi through all the gears. I have 122000 miles on my car. How can bad compression be fixed easily? Does it mean a new built motor should be dropped in before I go single?, because I have an sp76 and everything else to make 800 wheel. This would be a huge set back. Well, I guess I have to just find out what the problem is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts