Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1587 Posts

·
Registered
9,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, here is the deal. Everybody post up pics and specs of your drag setup, even if it is a pair of stockers with DR's. This should be helpful with others know about fitment, offset, etc.

Mine:

Front:
15X4 Weld Prostars 2.25BS
26X4.5 Moroso Front Runners
N/A Front Brakes (some grinding needed)
3/4" adapter

Rear:
15X8 Weld Prostars 5.5BS
275/50/15 MT DR's (sticky sticky)
N/A Brakes (no grinding)

Suspension:

Eibach Pro-Kit
Stock 76K shocks

Issues:

Slight rubbing in rear, I could have rolled the fenders, but the tires are so soft, they wore a groove and dont rub anymore. Fronts rub slightly on highway, none at the track...I drove it to the track on this setup 2 weeks ago, just had to take it slow.

The main reason for doing this is to reduce weight, therefore improving the timeslip. The stockers weigh around 47lbs each with tire. The fronts are 22lbs, the rears are ~40lbs, which combined is a savings of around ~60lbs rotating mass, which is equal to 3:1 over dead weight....so total savings is around 180lbs to comparable dead weight. This is good for .18 theoretical ET reduction using the 100lbs= .10 reduction on timeslip.

PICS:

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
looks badass Hotsoup
My setup on my 6spd is:

Fronts
Stock TT brakes
Volk rims 9.5"
245 radials (pumped to 45psi for track)

Rear
Stock TT brakes
RX7 rims w/ spacer (not sure how thick)
M/T dr's 255 50 16

Eibach pro kit w/ KYB adj rears (full soft) and Koni fronts (will put at mid range soft/hard)

·
Registered
9,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 said:
do you think if you were on stock suspension they would have rubbed at all?
They wouldnt have rubbed on a stock suspension, they only rubbed on hard acc. anyways. The fronts definately wouldnt rub on a stock suspension.

Jason

·
Boost Junkie
12,431 Posts
That looks great! Any weight savings other then the NA brakes? Weights would help too if people want to post them.

Steve k.

·
Registered
9,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Evill Supra said:
That looks great! Any weight savings other then the NA brakes? Weights would help too if people want to post them.

Steve k.
Thanks for reminding me about the weight Steve, original post edited for weight savings.

Jason

·
Registered
205 Posts
My setup is:

Front: 17x9" 255 Yokohama aws sport(normal street wheels)

Rear: 16" NA wheels with M/T 11,5x26x16 ET Street

Got rolled fenders in the rear and a eibach prokitt all around. Had to grinde abit on the rearbrakes cus of the NA wheels,but now it works great.

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
looks nice.. i finally got my car back from paint and will have pics up tomorrow with the bogarts/alumistars..

jay

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Seriously, that looks nice. I forgot you had pro-stars, so basically I had NO IDEA if my front draglites would fit like yours did using the 3/4" and grinding (serious grinding). Do you have any upclose pics? I want to see how much of your tire's sidewall bulges past the fender. My front wheels clear inside the fender, but my ET Fronts bulge out quite a bit.

I drove to a Supra meet today about 70mi round trip on my setup (maybe someone took some pics). The front fender is so close it will bump the side of the tire just outside the tread where it bulges out on any elevation change even with my shocks set to max stiffness. I'm SO lucky I thought to remove those 3 fender well screws, otherwise I'm positive I'd have shredded tires. On a side note, I've never gotten so many hwy gawkers than driving with skinnys on.

Looks like I'm going to need some $coilovers$ or stock suspension to raise up the height of my current Eibach/KYB setup.

John H

·
Registered
9,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John H said:
Seriously, that looks nice. I forgot you had pro-stars, so basically I had NO IDEA if my front draglites would fit like yours did using the 3/4" and grinding (serious grinding). Do you have any upclose pics? I want to see how much of your tire's sidewall bulges past the fender. My front wheels clear inside the fender, but my ET Fronts bulge out quite a bit.

I drove to a Supra meet today about 70mi round trip on my setup (maybe somone took some pics). The front fender is so close it will bump the side of the tire just outside the tread where it bulges out on any elevation change even with my shocks set to max stiffness. I'm SO lucky I thought to remove those 3 fender well screws, otherwise I'm positive I'd have shredded tires. On a side note, I've never gotten so many hwy gawkers than driving with skinnys on.

Looks like I'm going to need some $coilovers$ or stock suspension to raise up the height of my current Eibach/KYB setup.

John H
John, seems like yours looks like mine then. The tires are what buldge out, the front rims clear....thats why I am switching to 25". to get rid of any rubbing issues. BTW, be VERY careful on the street with the skinnies. I almost wrecked my shit when I first put mine on....100+dip in the road=skidmarks in boxers. Basically, the car walked all over the road and I just had to ride it out. I had just enough control to keep the car on the road....I was forewarned by some mustang guys...I am a believer now.

Jason

Jason

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
John H said:

I drove to a Supra meet today about 70mi round trip on my setup (maybe somone took some pics). The front fender is so close it will bump the side of the tire just outside the tread where it bulges out on any elevation change even with my shocks set to max stiffness. I'm SO lucky I thought to remove those 3 fender well screws, otherwise I'm positive I'd have shredded tires. On a side note, I've never gotten so many hwy gawkers than driving with skinnys on.

John H
John,
Very nice set up and affordable too. Did you heat the tires up for that run? 26 psi? Let's go to the track next friday. I would like to see some runs....
JPI

·
Registered
9,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Spoolin Turbo said:
But I thought you dont mix bias/radial tires. He is using a drag radial rear. Why not use a radial tire thats small in the front?

That statement is made more for a ply rear and a wide radial front. The main reason I went with a race tire thats 3X the price of a 165R is weight....saves me 5lbs each side with the ply's.

Jason

1 - 20 of 1587 Posts