Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try the victoracers at the strip...what PSI should I use? I know they arent drag tires but they should be better then my street tires.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody know what tire pressure I should use? I am guessing @30 like when autoxing on them?

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
I usually don't run on regular stree tires, but my guess would be low 20's, around 22-23psi

Andrew

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
victoracers arent street tires they are road race R compound tires.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I'm curious too ...somebody here must have tried Victoracers at the drags already.

For whatever it's worth, I've not tried them at the drags but I have road raced quite a few times on Victoracers and driven them quite a bit on the street, including hard runs from standing start. I never tried lowerinig pressure since for road racing that isn't the thing to do, so I always had 38 to 42psi and they always hooked up fantastic. Far superior straight line traction compared to any street tire. They have very stiff sidewalls unlike drag radials and ET streets so I would think you don't want pressure too low, mid 20's sounds too low to me; I'd start with 34psi and see how it feels.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool thanks....that is what I was looking for. So you run 40psi at the track ie road courses on them? I have heard some people running closer to 30 psi on them for autox.

·
TurboLexus
198 Posts
yeahg I run them as daily drivers.. 265/35/18 on a 10 inch rim.. so they really come off as street tires..small side wall ect.. I run them at the stock pressure.. they are nice and sticky tho for a non DR and not a DOT slick..

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
emodragracer said:
yeahg I run them as daily drivers.. 265/35/18 on a 10 inch rim.. so they really come off as street tires..small side wall ect.. I run them at the stock pressure.. they are nice and sticky tho for a non DR and not a DOT slick..
what type of pressure are you using?
Jeff

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
emodragracer,
They don't make the Victoracers larger than 17". Maybe you mean the V700's, those come in 18". On the street now I've run 285/30 X 18 V700's on back since I've switched to 18" wheels. They're nice and the compound is supposed to be similar to Victoracers but the V700's don't ever feel quite as sticky to me.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so should I try to run @ 30 PSI in them?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have heard that running such stiff tires at the track could lead to bad wheel hop. Just be careful and don't blow any rears.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I ran in the import class 8.0 and slower and won the trophy:D I will never try to drag on these again though....I think they were worse than my street tires. I would either bog or wheel hop badly. the track was VERY sticky for this race. I saw 14 cars break, mostly rear ends.

Jeff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts