Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but didn't find anything.

I was doing a flush today and I noticed a 14mm bolt on the right side (passenger side) of the tranny on the case where the torque converter is by the front of the tranny.

I was wandering if this drains the fluid out of the torque converter when pulled? I'm too scared to pull it out and find out it was holding something in the tranny.

I already flushed with some Valvolean ATF+3 used about 10L now I'm ready to put in the good stuff and flush out that Valvolean.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nothing that deals with draining the TC is accessible with the tranny installed on the car.

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
you can try and drain your atf all you want it aint gona happen... you can drain out the 3-4 qts that is in the tranny case but you will never drain out the TC... theres another 4-6 qts in there... best thing to do is to drain out your tranny case... button it back up... fill it up... drive around for 10 miles or so... repeat again and again until satisfied... thats what i would do... thankfully i put in royal purple so i dont have to do it that often... that and in the last year i think i put on 1500 miles to the car :)

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
Also many places that do flushes also put cleaners through to take care of the valves and stuff.

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
A TTec flush isn't very expensive if you supply your own fluid (something like 20 quarts goes into a bucket and they pump that into the machine, then it replaces your old ATF).

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
yeah, that's if they actually do the work... it was the number one thing that shops lied about doing in that Dateline special (I think it was dateline)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts