Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Last weekend we have been tuning for higher boost my dragster.We have arrived till 22psi boost were we have made an 8.2 sec with 180mph but unfortunatly at the finish line I had a puncture and then I have smashed in the wall and damaged the front part of the dragster.I will try to see if someone have any pictures and a video to post.
For sure we are going to re build the car again and will go for a 7 sec run
Believe in the 7M because she is a good engine as the 2 JZ as long as you play slowly with it.
You can view the dragster on www.mibrumracingteam.com

3,796 Posts
Amazing numbers but sorry to hear of the crash. Just be happy you're ok I guess. Good luck with the rebuild and way to represent the 7M! :bigthumb:

·
Scratching and Sniffing
2,849 Posts
Good job into the 8's but bad job on the wall..Get back up and running and pull some 6's, 5's?? for us guy's..lol..Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Nice job.

I wouldn't post this in the dragracing section, unless you want to hear all the ricers say: "Why didn't you put a 2JZ motor in it?"

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Sorry to hear about your crash, but awesome job on the build using a 7MGTE as the powerplant.

I have been working on a modified 7M of my own, but do not have it running yet. (Ran for about 350 miles, then the crank relaxed, or detonation screwed things up. I am not sure.)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adjuster I have faced the same problem as soon as I have started the engine the rod bering was worn out and the cranck shaft then bended.I am using dry sump system so I have pressure.I fact that this will cause it is lack of fuel which mixes up with oil and misfiring.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
Very unfortunate event, just glad to see you weren't seriously injured. Good luck on the rebuild and good luck on the performance goals.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Amazing vehicle, and good look with the rebuild. Awesome project :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts