Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a drewgo t4 manifold and downpipe. The turbo is a precistion t67.

For some reason the downpipe (3-inch) won't fit because it is rubbing up against a coolant outlet/inlet. It is rubbing to the point that I can't even get the downpipe to sit flat enough against the turbo to connect the vband clamp (no matter which way i place it).

I know some folks have had a downpipe sitting real close or up against this outlet... But has anyone had this problem where it wouldn't fit at all? What did you do?

The larger outlet in the center of this picture is what i am talking about.
http://www.boostlogic.com/install_manual/wastegate.jpg

I'm guessing I'm just going to have to get a custom downpipe.

· Registered
2,012 Posts
Just have your current downpipe modified. It'll be a lot cheaper than having a custom downpipe made. Some people block that coolant pipe off but I rerouted mine to back to the water pump if memory serves me right. I wouldn't want a hot downpipe up against any other components, especially a coolant hose but maybe some people are getting away with it. Do it right the first time and be done with it. I'm running that manifold but made a custom 4" downpipe and midpipe. It was a pain in the ass and took some time, but I'm glad I did it.

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just have your current downpipe modified. It'll be a lot cheaper than having a custom downpipe made. Some people block that coolant pipe off but I rerouted mine to back to the water pump if memory serves me right. I wouldn't want a hot downpipe up against any other components, especially a coolant hose but maybe some people are getting away with it. Do it right the first time and be done with it. I'm running that manifold but made a custom 4" downpipe and midpipe. It was a pain in the ass and took some time, but I'm glad I did it.
Yeah I'm debating on cutting the downpipe right before it hits the outlet and having a shop route it around.

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turn what away from the lines? You mean twist the downpipe towards the left or right? If that's what you mean... you must think I am retarded.

Pretty much no matter what angle the downpipe is at it's hitting against something and not sitting flush against the turbo. To far too the driver side and it hits the outlet and too far to the pass side and it hits the frame. So, something needs to be modified. Simple as that. I am/was essentially just trying to figure out which piece was going to be a bigger pain in the ass to modify and what people have done in the past.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.