Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· WSM Owner
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be a good size turbo to run for a drift car. i know you will prob want something that spools quick but im not on which turbocharger to go with. im running a 1994 Supra and am swaping my GE setup for the GTE and want to get rid of the stock twin turbos and go single. i was looking at a T70 with a .68A/R Compressor and a .82A/R Turbine but i wanted to ask on here first to see what yall think and get some opinion and options from other people.

· WSM Owner
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well im going to build the car completely before i realy get on the track. i wanted to swap to a twin setup before i put the motor in the car and have all that done. Im not new to drifting just new to using a car with independent rear suspension and using a turbo. My last car was a 1995 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT with a 347 Stroker running a Kenne Bell Twin Screw Supercharger @ 18PSI and a T-56 6 speed swap with maximum motorsports suspension and it had a solid rear axle but i was using a auburn LSD and i put a 4.10 rear gear in it.

· Registered
250 Posts
t70 is too big. you want something 63mm or smaller. you dont need a ton of power. tanner foust was only running 400 rwhp in his 350z and that was enough to win him a championship. you just need enough power to break your rear wheels loose in 3rd on the straight, you dont need 600-700+ hp to drift.
you need very precise linear power, if your boost comes on violently you will be spinning out all the time and looking like an idiot.
also for n00bs its best to start out with less power and learn car control, not trying to power over everything.

· 9,000,000 lbs of BOOOOST!
697 Posts
t70 is too big. you want something 63mm or smaller. you dont need a ton of power. tanner foust was only running 400 rwhp in his 350z and that was enough to win him a championship. you just need enough power to break your rear wheels loose in 3rd on the straight, you dont need 600-700+ hp to drift.
you need very precise linear power, if your boost comes on violently you will be spinning out all the time and looking like an idiot.
also for n00bs its best to start out with less power and learn car control, not trying to power over everything.
Everything he says is true accept about needing to have enough power to break the tires loose on the straight. In mid 3rd gear you can use the hand break or unsettle the car to initiate the slide then power over when the back starts coming out. There are guys out there drifting stock 4A's in there rollas. Driver > Power. Stock Twins would be perfect for drifting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.