Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
friend posted pics here:

http://www.forumshawaii.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=156073

Sorry, this is a bit OT, since it doesn't involve supras, but here is a pic of my friends 240. He launched it going through a sweeper in 3rd gear (60-70mph est). a couple of flips in the air, and some hangtime later, this is what is left of his car. Goes to show that even the best wipeout sometimes (this guy also drives for formula d and D1-Rotary Power FD RX-7). Sorry I don't have any more pics, I forgot my memory card for my camera today, and this is all the built in memory that I had. Note the cusco strut tower bar in the first pic. and the GTR wheel in the second. this is exactly what the car looked like when we opened her up. The rest of the body looked kinda like what a motorcyle looks like when it gets laid down on it's side.

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, there was no cage or harnesses. He's okay, but the passenger has a broken arm and the last I heard he may have a broken neck. He got it pretty bad, as you can see the roof on the pics, the car landed on the passenger side.....

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Why would you have a passenger doing something like this?

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
If he's a professional he should have known better... a roll cage is meant for a reason. People were talking about installing a plastic roll cage that can be bought online so you don't get kicked off the track. But it's there for safety, because if your car is that fast you need to be protected. Same goes for a roll cage in a drift car, this is just an example of what happens when safety isn't 1st. I hope the passenger is ok, best wishes out to him.

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may have some vids of it soon too....

but from what we've pieced together, the car "launched" off a pile of tires, the nose was almost straight up in the air, the rear bumper was about 5-10 feet off the ground, it flipped and landed on the driver front side and flipped and landed on the passenger rear side, and rolled over a couple more times.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
YET another example of how worthless drifting is...

·
Kancho Battle Garage
850 Posts
^^STFU. If he was on a road course gripping, the speeds would be much higher and the damage would be far more catastrophic. Something like that could happen no matter what you do. You might as well say how worthless "driving is" Keep your ignorant uninformed comments to yourself.

I hope the passenger has a speedy Recovery! Looks like that car was a hot one before the accident. Im sure he can find a 240 shell for cheap and throw his stuff in and have another fresh start with a new chassis!

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the passenger is fine. I don't think that he's gonna get another shell until after we return from Japan-and yeah, that car was pretty rad before all of this happened. He loaded up with goodies that he got from Japan (s15 5 lug, GTR 32 seats, GTR34 rims, s15 turbo, power FC-just to name a few) Maybe his for his next car we'll try to drop in the RB26 he has laying around in his garage.

·
Registered
554 Posts
BLKMGK said:
Why would you have a passenger doing something like this?
ride-alongs are sweet, and with someone drifting? it can be just as fun as doing it yourself. but i agree they should have had a cage...

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
TE27Levin said:
^^STFU. If he was on a road course gripping, the speeds would be much higher and the damage would be far more catastrophic. Something like that could happen no matter what you do. You might as well say how worthless "driving is" Keep your ignorant uninformed comments to yourself.

It seems like thier are more accidents due to drifting then racing. Im just saying what do you gain from drifting? Pretty much nothing... What a worthless thing to do. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Ckanderson said:
It seems like thier are more accidents due to drifting then racing. Im just saying what do you gain from drifting? Pretty much nothing... What a worthless thing to do. :dunno:
This from a guy that don't even drag race :rolleyes: aight peace :run:

btw, I had my share of drifting, never going do it again...

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I used to think that drifting was worthless, even drifted a car a couple of times to try it out, and I still thought that it was worthless. It wasn't until after I got in the passenger seat with an experienced driver behind the wheel. It was such a rush. I give the drivers mad props. it takes a lot of energy, skill and focus to be a good drifter-not to mention tires. But all in all, I think that it is alot of fun, and I feel that this sport is definately going to get bigger.

And yes, there are porbably going to be more accidents drifting, just for the simple fact that the whole sport of drifting is based on how fast you can slide your car and still maintain good control (along with good angles and that too). Most of the accidendt happen from someone driving faster than he or the car can handle. That's the nature of the sport. You have to expect to smash up your car a little bit in drifing. You gotta pay to play.

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cullen said:
karma is a bitch

ask ross what happened to grip video?

You've been reading the ziptied forums I take it. I just read those last night, and man do I have some words to say about some of the shit people have been talking.

FOR THE RECORD:

Ross has been a good friend of mine for a little over a year now. He's a down to earth, tell it to ya straight type of guy. He runs his own business, which is pretty sucessful. Ross has hooked me up with a lot of shit. He helped me wire up and install my SR20 in my S13, not to mention, finding me a cheap shell ($400). He's far from arrogant like everybody is saying. He'll pretty much talk to anyone that comes up to him. I don't know the whole story about the grip video/rotary power story. I never deemed it necessary to ask him, as it's none of my business. I just don't see Ross as the type of guy that would do something like that unwarranted. It's not even about the car and being able to drive. You should hear him talk about the car. He hates drifting the FD. The e-brake doesn't even work. From what I understand, he's had offers to drive a couple other cars (350z, S13), but he says that he just likes the Rotary power guys alot I guess.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts