Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
cool vid, but dude wtf is the rattling sound? rocks being picked up by the tires?? something hitting the exhaust?? fwiw that lot looked pretty ragged.. but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to get your seat time. props for slinging around the mk4.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
What's he driving? Is that DrMike's baltic blue?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Nevermind, I watched the other video and it showed the car from the outside :1poke:

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
WOw; you're pretty damn good!

·
Registered
379 Posts
what mods suspension,power, clutch ,lsd? let me know next time you go out. i wanna get my sc300 out there :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In those vids

Stock clutch
TRD LSD
BPU 18-20 p.s.i. Greddy profec B
Greddy lowering springs
stock shocks
Titan adjustab. sways fr/rr
battle version tension/toe rods
JIC extended tierods/steering arms
A/C

changed to coilovers since vids;
i drift/daily drive TEIN SS c EDFC
and 3.27 gears

just replaced clutch(slipping, no meat left) few days ago, RPS stage 1 with CYN-RG FW.

Schedule: SpeedVentures WSIR 7/1 shhh, i will drift the OMEGA, don't tell
JustDrift HorseTheif mile 7/2
DriftDay Irwindale 6/25 (maybe)
DriftBuffet Irwindale 7/23
TopDriftBattle Irwindale 7/30

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lap time at WSIR 1:33 last yr-ish, might beat it down next weekend, have stock brakes, cannot do a full hot lap without fade, at BW or Laguna brakes going..going...gone, with hairaising results.

Replacing motor and transmission mounts today, all are broken, doh!

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
are those 3.27 gears from powerhouse?

how do you like them?

any notable difference?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, gears are noticible, and for straight line acceleration i think are just right, removes that slight laziness in the low rpm range. i can recommend them, highly if just for the street or drag racing. Any shorter would be not desirable, IMO, for a torquey motor like a Supra.

However for drifting, and just like roadracing, it can be a mixed bag, as u can have some turns that are between 2nd and 3rd, where the longer gear might be better, but it forces me to just go faster then:), still i don't think i would swap them back out ever.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Neither....

those runs are all Clutch-Kick initiations. 3rd gear Falken showoff, 2nd gear for the others.

Clutch-Kick is the(my) primary way to initiate, particularly when accelerating thru gears to point of initiation.

Powering over is not commonly done(by me), unless there is a weight shift, it tends to understeer or not snap the car to angle fast, and is therefore not as cool to do or see. Useful in the wet when u need to be more gentle with inputs.

I(one) E-brake initiates when at speed, like circuit drifting, or when a lot of speed
might be needed to be scrubbed.........or when needed

......now u know :)

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
So when you say "clutch kick" are you just releasing the clutch very quickly and have it lock the wheels, or ... ?

drtone said:
Neither....

those runs are all Clutch-Kick initiations. 3rd gear Falken showoff, 2nd gear for the others.

Clutch-Kick is the(my) primary way to initiate, particularly when accelerating thru gears to point of initiation.

Powering over is not commonly done(by me), unless there is a weight shift, it tends to understeer or not snap the car to angle fast, and is therefore not as cool to do or see. Useful in the wet when u need to be more gentle with inputs.

I(one) E-brake initiates when at speed, like circuit drifting, or when a lot of speed
might be needed to be scrubbed.........or when needed

......now u know :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts