Supra Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Supra Turbo R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
214 Posts
Cool that. I've owned mine since 1995, but in reality it was only a daily driver from 95-2000. After that it sat parked for 8 years, and then another 9. Kind of sad really in that I totally missed the last 20 years of the culture, but in some ways I think its a good. I say that because of a few things:

• Not being a daily driver, I never wrecked it
  • I resisted people over the years leaving a note on the car wanting to know if I wanted to sell it.
  • I was able to keep it stock and not go with my hot rodding impulses of the 80s-90s. (my 85 Toyota 4x4 truck from 87-91 had a 6 inch suspension lift, 35x17.5 mickey thompsons, triple shocks, double double smitty built fully welded 1 piece rollbar, the list goes on).
Now I just have the goal and focus to return it to as close to a reliable stock car as I can, with a few notable upgrades. :D

·
Registered
1987 Supra Turbo R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
214 Posts
One thing I'm starting to notice about my trips to the junk yards. Originally I was there looking for replacement parts and sometimes missing parts. After a while I pretty much got all i needed. But I've realized that now more than even in 2008 (the last time I was junk yard hopping for the Supra) that there are certain parts you should just grab.

With that logic you have to be careful or you will have enough parts to build another car! But at the same time, the thought of leaving something behind that you had your hands on is haunting. lol I've done that a couple of times already.

I agree that the parts on eBay can be expensive, but if you don't have access to one in the yards it can fill the space.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts