Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Supraforums Family,

Does anyone know where I can read more details (and see more videos) about this Drifmotion Toyota Supra with 1jz block and 2jz head?:

I just saw one online-magazine article, but it doesn’t say much:

Which headgasket is used and are the coolant channels in block or head modified at all? Also, how does it drive, etc?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's referred to as a 1.5jz, if you google it there are a ton of DIYs and guides on what is involved.
What you say is 100% wrong. I asked about a 1JZ block with 2JZ head combo. You’re 1.5JZ refers to a 2JZ block with 1JZ head... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
126 Posts
My mistake, from the article it sounds like not many, if anyone, else have documented the swap. I imagine the same principles apply as a 1.5jz as those threads will outline the differences between coolant and oil passages. You could always email Aaron at Drifmotion.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Took a minute to google it :rolleyes: but I remembered a guy doing this in a 280z, what you’re after is a 1.2jz

here you go:

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,368 Posts
I personally built this car with Aaron. What exactly do you want to know about it? He used an HKS stopper head gasket.

Reactions: Wreckless

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your informative replies guys! (y)

Patrick,

1. Which HKS stopper head gasket did you use and what was its thickness?

2. How does it drive compared to
single turbo 1jz car?

3. How many miles are on it?

4. Any recent dyno charts?

5. Any problems or maintenance issues that occurred sooner than expected?

6. Do you guys have any in car video footage (camera in center behind both seats)? It would be cool to see how it drives and how the driver interacts with the 1.2JZ character.

7. If one wanted to use a 2JZ-GE head, how would you connect the water coolant port from block to head? (GE has different design than GTE)

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Here's an old ass thread about using a 2JZ-GE head on a 1JZ-GTE block.

Concerning coolant holes, here's what was said there:

The 1JZ headgasket actually has less cooling holes made for it than the 2J-GE head does. However, some of the holes on the 1JZ gasket are slightly larger than the 2J-GE stock, but the point is, they line up and should work.
Thanks for your informative replies guys! (y)

Patrick,

1. Which HKS stopper head gasket did you use and what was its thickness?

2. How does it drive compared to
single turbo 1jz car?

3. How many miles are on it?

4. Any recent dyno charts?

5. Any problems or maintenance issues that occurred sooner than expected?

6. Do you guys have any in car video footage (camera in center behind both seats)? It would be cool to see how it drives and how the driver interacts with the 1.2JZ character.

7. If one wanted to use a 2JZ-GE head, how would you connect the water coolant port from block to head? (GE has different design than GTE)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts