Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i need a new fuel pump, so i figure ill just go walbro since its cheap and an upgrade to the stock pump.I have no supporting mods to this, i use stock injectors, stock afm, etc. and as i understand it the walbro will increase fuel pressure. So to reduce fuel pressure i need to drill the j-pipe? where do i drill it at? Also, i could just get an afpr and adjust the pressure that way?

·
AWESOME AMAZING MEMBER
584 Posts
Hey guys, if this is true, How much fuel presure will it have if the j is not removed?
I installed the walbro, and the car runs very rich at high rpm, I havent touched it cause I plan to install a FPR, but I want to know the presure to start from there.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,149 Posts
drill it could have peices of dibris that you miss which get in to you're fuel system..

Or you could always do what I did.. Use a dremal to cut off the tip but could cause the same problem as I said above...

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
i have all stock lines, kept the j-tupe in to keep pressure up cause im using the lexus and a intercooler...and i used the walbro 255lph fuel pump....
i know ltos of people who kept it in (mkIIIsupraguy who ran 12.06 has his in....)

·
AWESOME AMAZING MEMBER
584 Posts
viperlocc said:
i have all stock lines, kept the j-tupe in to keep pressure up cause im using the lexus and a intercooler...and i used the walbro 255lph fuel pump....
i know ltos of people who kept it in (mkIIIsupraguy who ran 12.06 has his in....)
Did you ever measure presure?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
What Larry said: just bypass the J restriction completly with a long fuel hose. Thats the easiest thing to do.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Re: Don't drill.....

Larry_A said:
Just get a 3' piece of 3/8" fuel hose, & bypass it. Done.
before i opened the thread that was already gonna be my responce as well! :rolleyes:

including.... "Why are sooooo many of u guys doing these GHETTO performance things!? like crushed BOV and crushed FPR?!? some of u scare me with what u do!" :p

EDIT: oh and BTW... NO u do not NEED special solid block off plate to replace the J pipe bypass on the block already! been asked this a number of times!

just bypass it and leave the damn restriction part with the plate on the block! :rolleyes: all done!

B
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
outofstep said:
wtf?

I'm not getting what you just said. How do you crush a BOV aside from like hitting it with a sledgehammer or running it over? Same goes for the FPR.
Its basically for the 1G DSM stock BOV. You can compress the top of it to handle upwards of 25PSI. Since this is already a decent BOV, its a good upgrade for a cheap price.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,080 Posts
The purpose of the J-Tube is if the FPR ever fails, it will provide SOME backpressure so that you can limp it home. If you have a proper FPR, you should have no problem keeping it. I would recommend that if upgrading all componants, then just bypass it. On a high flow system it could cause excessive pressures.

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Bishop92T said:
I run with the J-tube restriction still in place, walbro 255, stock FPR. If it doesn't cause a problem there is no reason to replace it.
On mine™ I don't recall exact figures, but reference fuel pressure did go up significantly...7-8 psi, IIRC.

I cut the J-tube off, since that d^mn thing really gets in the way if you've got your hands doen in there.

I don't have a new pic yet, but I can assure you that the plate is now one of the most beautiful on the planet.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Damn Larry. Heh. One can also put a laser-cut plate on that position.

The restrictor will become an issue if you run big pumps, big squirts and big boost, in that case you can't lower the baseline fuel pressure enough.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts