·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
346 Posts
Xenon Supra said:
I already stated it was a repost, but most people don't regularly check the Florida section, especially if they don't life in Florida. Therefore I thought I would share it with everyone here. Thanks. :)
That's nuts. His car got knocked the hell out. Also, I agree my ass would never look in the Florida section so thanks for sharing.

-Oliver :cool:

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your welcome. Hopefully this will make everybody think twice before putting the petal to the floor around other cars. :(

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
That is just too sad, but should serve as a serious reminder that regardless of age and driving skill, we must not forget to respect the power we are putting down. We also need to be extra cautious when other cars are present. Especially with nice weather and the associated rush that usually comes with the spring season in many parts of the country.

Brad

·
mahkittahluvsme
544 Posts
^^ true dat.

And that's a sad story to read too.

My car scares the hell out of me sometimes...and of course that's why I love it, but seriously, when traffic is around I try to keep it civil, whether the Sup wants to or not.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Man that's very unfortunate. One often forgets how quickly life can end.

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
I never knew that you could lose control so easily. I have a feeling I probably would have acted the same way right when my car came out of the shop. This is a good wake up call

G

·
lol, "McCollum heard the blowoff valve blast as Yeo sped away."

That sucks, though. I wonder: With all the Supras that have either crashed or become all out drag cars, how many plain old daily driver supras are still on the streets?? They must be getting more and more rare...

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
I don't understand why they blame the accident on the car. WTF? This clearly happened because the guy was beating the shit out of the car. I feel bad for they guy, but it isn't the cars fault. Everyone thisnks they are an expert driver, but when it comes down to it, they don't know shit. My guess is that he punched it, boost hit and the rear kicked out and he didn't know what to do...

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
I agree with you guys that it's not the car, however I've noticed with both of my supras that the back ends just give out..black ice, gravel patches, or just simply flooring it..my condolences to the Ray and the Yeo family. Looked like a beautiful supra too. :(

·
NOSUP4U
2,776 Posts
sorry to hear about raymond. My condolences go out to his family. RIP

G

·
93BlueTurbo said:
I agree with you guys that it's not the car, however I've noticed with both of my supras that the back ends just give out..black ice, gravel patches, or just simply flooring it..my condolences to the Ray and the Yeo family. Looked like a beautiful supra too. :(
Any car with tons of power is gonna have problems with traction in the rear...As far as "fast" cars go, I've only had a 2000 GT with 341rwhp, a 99 z28 with 330rwhp, and this supra and it's pretty clear that when you're making a fair amount of power, you need to be careful. I mean damn, even my stock 97 GT with 215hp would kick the rear end out like crazy if the ground was the least bit wet...

If I had 653 hp I certainly wouldn't gun it coming out of a parking lot and facing on coming traffic. It's too bad the guy died but come on, Darwin couldn't pass up that opportunity.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
StoplightWarrior said:
If I had 653 hp I certainly wouldn't gun it coming out of a parking lot and facing on coming traffic. It's too bad the guy died but come on, Darwin couldn't pass up that opportunity.
563 - i'm guessing it's a typo; either way it's still plenty. he didn't gun it facing oncoming traffic... and he didn't do anthing any more foolish than any of us have. don't try to act all high and mighty in this situation and pretend that you've never gunned your car on the street. as for his not knowing what to do when boost hit - he had been in the Supra scene long enough to know what happens with boost. Yes it was driver error, but there may be something else connected to it, oil on the road? gravel? your time to go? whatever it is your comments toward the situation are not necessary. humble up a little and admit you've done the same.. hell we all have.. and that you're not an "expert" driver either... :rolleyes:

G

·
SupraTico said:
563 - i'm guessing it's a typo; either way it's still plenty. he didn't gun it facing oncoming traffic... and he didn't do anthing any more foolish than any of us have. don't try to act all high and mighty in this situation and pretend that you've never gunned your car on the street. as for his not knowing what to do when boost hit - he had been in the Supra scene long enough to know what happens with boost. Yes it was driver error, but there may be something else connected to it, oil on the road? gravel? your time to go? whatever it is your comments toward the situation are not necessary. humble up a little and admit you've done the same.. hell we all have.. and that you're not an "expert" driver either... :rolleyes:
Have I gunned my Supra on the street...YES, of course...was it while pulling out of a parking garage and facing oncoming traffic, NO...

Also, I have about 300rwhp. This guy had nearly twice that.

It wasn't a typo, read his license plate in the picture.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts