Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just got my street drags and tonight at the track i twisted my drive shaft in half. Who offers an after market one? I am BPU with a front mount and off the line it was destroyed. Any help on where to get a new one would be awsome. Thanks.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I launched it kind of hard so... maybe i did this to my self. I have the 6 spuck stage 3 rps clutch with lighten rps flywheel. Any suggestions but maybe it was the launch not the power.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
thats the second one i have seen do that.. it happend to some dude at Vegas... thats IMPRESSIVE!

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Talk to Tony, as he twisted his into a pretzel. He posted about his new driveshaft in the drag racing section a while back.

·
4 T's and an X
2,122 Posts
Posdong on this forum did the same thing. We were at the track and he only got three runs in. He was even running on street tires. Just got another oem one

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
WOTM's beefed up driveshaft, i havent draged my car yet (hoping to in 2 weeks).. but i sent it there. Hoping i wont have a problem with that this summer.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Sorry to hear about that bud. Talk with Frank from the driveshaftshop.com . He will set you up nicely.:) Also, like SteelCitySupra said...Ryan has a beefed up stock one too. I think that AAP Motorsports has something as well, but I know for sure the Driveshaftshop.com has one and they can get it to you pretty quick.

Hope that helps and good luck with whatever you decide.

Take Care

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
TT_6SPD_95 said:
Sorry to hear about that bud. Talk with Frank from the driveshaftshop.com . He will set you up nicely.:) Also, like SteelCitySupra said...Ryan has a beefed up stock one too. I think that AAP Motorsports has something as well, but I know for sure the Driveshaftshop.com has one and they can get it to you pretty quick.

Hope that helps and good luck with whatever you decide.

Take Care

DOM TUBE CARBON STEEL SHAFT
FROM $245.00-310.00
This shaft is for those race cars that
are dressed in street rod clothing they
can handle up to 1200hp and are serious
parts for serious built cars. The tube is
drawn over mandrel and is extremely close in tolerance,the balance usually comes out
better on these shafts because of the tube

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks alot guys i apprciate the help, If anyone else has anything to add please feel free to do so. Ill check into driveshaftshop.com. Was it the way that i launched it to cause it to snap or ?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
MDBlackTT said:
Thanks alot guys i apprciate the help, If anyone else has anything to add please feel free to do so. Ill check into driveshaftshop.com. Was it the way that i launched it to cause it to snap or ?
The culprit was more than likey wheel-hop. I twisted one at BPU
from my drag radials hopping on a cool track surface. If you are
getting hop be careful, the rear diff is just as vulnerable as the
driveshaft.
Wayne

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
MDBlackTT said:
BFG G-force street drags at about 25psi
Big mistake, leave the drag radials to the autos.

vnt :dunno:

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
The air pressure is alittle higher than i would of used, probably would of lowered it to around 20psi and i think the wheel hop would of been heavily reduced. So far all the fast 6sp guys in MD have personally told me ET streets are the only way to go. I will try the ET street radials and ET streets. If i break a driveshaft or diff, it will be replaced with a upgraded shaft or TRD diff.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I personally would go with teh Pro level complete shaft because its a whole new tube made from 4130 chrome moly. The joint are also 1350 which are extremely beefy. Its very similar to what i ran on my previous z28 as far as the joints go. This is what i would do, but do which ever suits your needs.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Just FYI, something further down the drivetrain will break if you use a stout driveshaft. You could break the ring/pinion or even tranny gears if the new driveshaft doesnt snap when you launch hard and dont slip the clutch well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts