Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how hard is it to change the drive shaft? Could you guys help me on finding a good drive shaft or those one piece one?
thanks

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Well without walking all over the SF rules... I can't name names for suppliers of one piece drive shafts.
But do a simple search and you will find what you are looking for.
Its not hard... remove the 4 bolts from the rear end, and drop the carrier bearing (hopefully not on your head) and slide the yoke out from the rear end. After sliding the yoke out of the rear end, remove the bar (actually supposed to be a drive shaft loop) to drop the shaft completely.
Should take less than an hour.
Also, replace the rear main seal while you are at it, you will thank yourself in the long run.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
mdcmotorsports said:
Well without walking all over the SF rules... I can't name names for suppliers of one piece drive shafts.
YES YOU CAN! The rule says you may not advertise to boost your OWN sales... You can post any parts you like.

MAXX makes one for around $475. Suprasport carries two: one in Carbon Fiber and one in Aluminum.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Just to tag onto this... Jscspeed.com sells MAXX products as well as suprasport.com DO NOT goto suprastore.com

MVP to my knowledge does not carry driveshafts for our car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts