Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question.

Are the rear sections of the drive shafts the same in the MA and JZA Supras?

Mine has a little play and theres a rear section for sale down the road..

They interchangable?

Cheers

· Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thats cool then.

I just ripped the old one out and will take it down tomorrow and compare..

also which end shopuld be at the diff?
on the rear half shaft theres what looks like 2 different diameters where one pipe fitts into another and looks like its actually insulated in between. so is it the thin or the larger end that attaches to the diff or the other? or doesnt it matter?

Thanks in advance.

Lets see if this newer shaft gets rid of these damn vibrations... if not its off for an alignment and all that kinda stuff.. :)

· Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oooooo-Kay...

After having the rear section literally falling out at 130km/h i have been looking for a new rear prop shaft.

I have found that the middle section of the rear piece is the same as a GT-FOUR (ST185) and apparently the're all interchangable.

So all i need to do is have the flange changed instrad of having the yoke..

Oh and the JZA70 one shouldnt have had a grease nipple, the one on mine that had it was just put on there as i think they used the next best thing....

I have compared several MA70 rear shafts also and the JZA70 rear piece measures in at .5-.75 inches shorter.

A question - Are the hanger bearings all in the same place on *A70's?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.