Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Driveability after upgrade and thanks!!!

Hi guys,

For those who upgraded to 2jz map and 550 injectors, how much does it affect the cars driveability without a tune.
I gave up on installing the emanage blue for now (errors) and installed the SAFCII but haven't tuned it yet.

Im asking since the car has to be driven to the dyno and wanted to see how safe it will be.

Thanks guys :

Moe.

OH yeah !! While I am at it,

Wanna thank Joe / aka - Performance for lending me his 1jz map sensor for troubleshooting , updating my emanage and giving me miscellaneous tips with the emanage .

THANKS JOE !!!!!!

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
I would assume it would run fine.
While I was working on my EMU my car ran great on 550's, walbro pump 1JZ map and stock ECU. was stoich thruout the part throttle and rich as hell to be safe under full load on a single.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
The o2 sensor will adjust for cruising around. It will probably idle really rich until it warms up, then be fine.

If you have walbro that will amplify the problem.

I did a wideband run of a 2j map vs 1j map and it did not lean it out that much, but it was noticeable.

You will be fine to drive it there. We pulled -11% off with 2jz map and stock injectors, just to get it in the mid 12s. You could probably do -15% across the board just to get there.

Then I bet you will end up at -25% at the end of the day in various spots. To be safe though, keep everything over 5000 at zero.

BTW I'm looking for an emanage if you want to sell yours. If it does not work, that is OK.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome : Thanks guys. I wanted to make sure rather than screw things up.

Slimfast, I am going to hold onto my Emanage Blue for now - I will be trying to hook it up later once my y-pipe and downpipe goes in . I did not try to install it after the s/w update so i want to give it a shot...but if I like the tune with SAFC, I'll give dibs on the emange..

Thanks again guys..

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, I gave the car a shot today , and drove it around :

this is after installing the 550's : SafcII settings all at zero : 2jz map sensor :

I actually noticed my car was idling a lot better meaning the rpms were closer to 660's rather than 800 with the stock injectors and car was smoother too.

Car does feel stronger too, but im not sure if i am imagining things.
Hopefully I can get a spot on the dyno tomorrow and get it tuned..will keep posted..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts