Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the car is holding my driving back, It’s missing that raw driver feedback I need to be able to go faster in corners. I’ve got polyurethane bushings for everything, some new White line sway bars, and MCA red coil overs (it has Old teins right now) coming in but I’m not sure if it’ll be enough. After getting smoked by my buddies r32 gtr and r33gtr I thought it was just me. But after driving them I feel so much more connected and can actually feel the limits of the car. When entering a corner I can’t feel if Supra is coming in too hot and going to understeer, or if the tires are reaching their limit. It feels like it has so much potential. Am I wasting my time trying to improve the car with what I have coming? Are there suggestions from you all?

·
From the land down under
4,098 Posts
Good on you for laying down some clams to upgrade your cars handling, it will thank you for it :)

Your friends cars are both 4WD, so its not exactly an apples to apples comparison. How much power are they running, and what tyres do you all have on your cars?

Perhaps they have just got their cars handling better by playing around with spring rates and alignments etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good on you for laying down some clams to upgrade your cars handling, it will thank you for it :)

Your friends cars are both 4WD, so its not exactly an apples to apples comparison. How much power are they running, and what tyres do you all have on your cars?

Perhaps they have just got their cars handling better by playing around with spring rates and alignments etc.
Thank you for the reply! Power is no issue, we all are running pretty much stock. Just intakes and exhaust really, they have boost controllers but mine still has the edge so it’s about equal power. We are all running the same tires too, nankangs. We kind of buy the same stuff as we all want to take the same path.Only difference is my car has 17 wheels and there’s are 18’s. My buddies R32 has all new control arms, coilovers, and sway bars. But even before that the driver connection to The road was superb, just sloppy. My other friends 33 only has new coilovers, it’s not as raw of a car but still a significant difference from mine. Even though they are awd we are going for cornering grip so I’d say it’s about equal besides launching out of corners. My cars smooth... too smooth lol. I can’t feel what my tires are doing, when they are reaching there limit, or really anything so it’s scary going in thinking I’m just gonna sling out.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would guess bushings if you feel the car responds "unpredictably" to your input. Is your car targa or hardtop? The targa has "a lot" of chassis flex in my experience, at least my old car did. Tires are also a factor grip wise. Not sure how much this applies to grip driving, but at least in my experience from drifting, some cheap tires tend to have huge grip gaps depending on the temperature they have and can vary vastly from corner to corner.

Sway bars won't do much for driver feedback in my opinion, but a fresh set of coilovers might do if your current set is worn out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts