Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
500hp+
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Girls,

Im trying to see if anyone manufactures a catch can that mounts to the drivers side frame rail. All of the ones I see are passenger side mounted because the charcoal canister is normally removed. Being my car is 1998 and automatic, it appears I have sufficient space to mount one on the drivers side and I would like to retain the charcoal canister.

thanks for any information provided

Justin

·
Super Moderator
10,477 Posts
Justin,

Here's my 42-Design catch can mounted on the passenger's side. Charcoal canister intact:

Ken.

·
500hp+
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The catch can(s) made by Radium can be mounted in different locations: Dual Catch Can Kit, MKIV Supra
I have been looking at photos of the radium and the options they offer do seem nice. Thanks
Justin,

Here's my 42-Design catch can mounted on the passenger's side. Charcoal canister intact:

Ken.
Thanks Ken I will look into the 42-design as well. What is the reason or benefits of only running a catch can to the passenger side valve cover and not both.

·
Super Moderator
10,477 Posts
I have been looking at photos of the radium and the options they offer do seem nice. Thanks

Thanks Ken I will look into the 42-design as well. What is the reason or benefits of only running a catch can to the passenger side valve cover and not both.
Justin,

Sorry for the delay. That's a poor angle of my catch can. There are actually two hoses going to my catch can. The one you can't see (beneath the one you can see) connects the can to my exhaust set-up for the venturi effect.

Ken.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm interested in the Radium kit also for the drivers side. I can't believe no one has that kit installed. It looks like a nice kit and am interested in it also.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have a radium dual catch can in 2 different locations. One where Ken has his on the passenger side and one hidden below the intake and accessible with the battery removed on the driver side.

·
500hp+
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Justin,

Sorry for the delay. That's a poor angle of my catch can. There are actually two hoses going to my catch can. The one you can't see (beneath the one you can see) connects the can to my exhaust set-up for the venturi effect.

Ken.
No worries Ken. Is your setup still running the PCV on the drivers side valve cover?

·
CHP's prime suspect
401 Posts
Guys and Girls,

Im trying to see if anyone manufactures a catch can that mounts to the drivers side frame rail. All of the ones I see are passenger side mounted because the charcoal canister is normally removed. Being my car is 1998 and automatic, it appears I have sufficient space to mount one on the drivers side and I would like to retain the charcoal canister.

thanks for any information provided

Justin
I had mine made tucked between the master cylinder and the driver side shock tower. Theres a fabricator in Georgia who does awesome work that pulled through with my special request. Hes a supra owner himself so you can be assured of quality work.
PM him on FB and he should be able to send you photos!
https://www.facebook.com/lane.banister.5

·
Super Moderator
10,477 Posts

·
500hp+
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had mine made tucked between the master cylinder and the driver side shock tower. Theres a fabricator in Georgia who does awesome work that pulled through with my special request. Hes a supra owner himself so you can be assured of quality work.
PM him on FB and he should be able to send you photos!
https://www.facebook.com/lane.banister.5
Thanks, I will reach out and see if any photos are available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts