Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i do it?

My window issue was that the driver's switch for the pass. window only rolled down and the pass. window switch only rolled up(barely). So i cleaned the pass. switch and now it works both ways, but the drivers switch still only rolls down. I cant figure out how to get to the driver's switch. I have that little panel removed and the two screws from the handle removed. And.... I'm stuck. lol I just want things to work damnit. I guess I sould be happy it runs. :rolleyes:

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
on the back of the handle you should see i think 3 screws which then undoes the whole switching unit :)

Reactions: Travisimo

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
remove the speaker grille, then take out the 2 plastic plugs on the door handle, undo the two bolts underneath, then undo the 2 bolts undeneath the speaker grille, remove the handle (unplug the connector behind it), and then with the handle removed undo the 3 (i think) bolts behind it to take the window switch out.
HTH

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How does the speaker grill come out? I know there is a clip toward the front, but I can't tell what is holding it in toward the back. Maybe I am just being a pansey b/c i don't want to crack it.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
just clips... yank and you will prevail hehe

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok cool. I'll try yanking it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy crap! So I got the switch assembly out (thanks for the help :) ), took it apart, cleaned the contacts (which were black), put it back toghether.... and (drum roll).... nothing works. lol Now my passenger window will not go up or down from either switch. I am assuming something is wrong with the window lock. I was having trouble getting that switch to slide in. Then when I was done I found a teeenie tiny little spring thingy in my lap.. it must have come from the switch. Any suggestions? I really dont care if my window lock works or not. The only time I use it is when my brother is in the car and I have a good fart on the way.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
lmao... damn that spring will be from the window lock and i just wasn't savvy enuf to hold everything together and put that back in LOL
good luck with it.. normally i'm quite a patient person but that i just couldn't do

sorry bout the switches not working, guess you'll have to find some replacements
GL :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya, I will take it apart again, but I doubt I will even be able to figure out how it goes in. Its so tiny.

I'm hoping the window lock is just stuck on. If so, I will just remove it so I can get the to work for now at least.

I really love working on the interior of a 14 year old car. :ugh2:

Thanks for all the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts