Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· A State of Trance
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· 1100+rwhp member
2,112 Posts
I had one on my car, good quality. But I took it off as it vibrated to much on the high way around 60 for my taste.

· Registered
717 Posts
I just got mine back from frank with the new adapter for thr stock trans yoke and all is good. I have no vibration that I can feel.

· T1raceparts.com
179 Posts
I haven't used DSS products for Supras, but have been using them on all other cars for many years. They make great stuff and have some of the best customer service in the industry. I wouldn't consider anyone else for driveline components if DSS offers something. For what it's worth..

· Registered
1,899 Posts
I've heard of vibration issues issues. I had one in my ls1/240 would shake when taking off. Heard similar stories from another guy that put a few of them in a supras they all did the same thing. i dunno what to think about it. For CV's i'd be all about them. but driveshafts NO.

· A State of Trance
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone know the difference in vibration between Titan Motorsports and DSS driveshaft? How many driveshafts are there avalible for the 6spd Supras that can handle around 1000hp?

· Premium Member
6,420 Posts
Skruf: If you already have a drive shaft, you can get it modified locally for alot cheaper. Go to a drive shaft shop and ask them to change the tubing to something sturdier. No need to order this from the US in my opinion.

· Premium Member
6,188 Posts
I have a DSS drive shaft... and no vibrations here. They are great people too.

· Banned
284 Posts

· Premium Member
6,188 Posts

· Registered
438 Posts
I'm running a DSS 1 piece Chromoly; SC300 w/ V160 and TT rear-end
I believe it's rated around the 8-900 hp range, came with all the hard ware, billet adapter plates all counter sunk, and not a single issue with fitment. I get NO unorthodox vibrations. From a stop or go no matter what speed, she's smooth.
Only draw back is I wish it was coated, the chromoly carries a light rust. I'm in the process of doing something to counter-effect this.
But very happy with purchase/product/company; would buy again:beer:
EDIT +1 on price!

· Registered
11,198 Posts
i have not had any first hand experiences with them myself but i do know of two friends who have had problems with the wrong things being shipped but the customer service was good on it and took care of the problems. as far as the parts, they have worked well for the both of them after they got the proper parts.

· AutoBanh Motorsports
765 Posts
I have them on my QS car and BigRed......no vibration on both cars.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.