Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what is the length of the from the end of the transmission to the middle the center of the halfshaft output of the diff?

If anyone can check the measurement that would be much appreciated.

EDIT: the measurement doesnt have to be super acurate, i am trying to figure out if i will need to have the driveshaft length adjusted for my swap (not into a supra)

·
NO SOUP 4 U
1,683 Posts
what is the length of the from the end of the transmission to the middle the center of the halfshaft output of the diff?

If anyone can check the measurement that would be much appreciated.

EDIT: the measurement doesnt have to be super acurate, i am trying to figure out if i will need to have the driveshaft length adjusted for my swap (not into a supra)
Are you kidding me? You come in and ask for someone to take a measurement off of a MKIII Supra for the length of a drive shaft on a car that isnt a Supra? You do know that most cars dont have the same measurements? Nobody is willing to do it probably because.... the car isnt a Supra.... Its pointless for any of us to measure it. Your engine placement and differential location is not going to be the same. If you dont know this.... take it to a driveline shop and have them do it.
Or
What i have done on other cars is look at the spot on the driveshaft slides in to the tail of the transmission. See where the oil seal is riding? Slide your drive shaft in to that point. now slide back and lift up the tail. Mate it to the diff if you can. Go up and mark the spot on your driveshaft input. Pull it out and see what the difference is.
Or
(Im not sure if you have a flat plate mating surface or bearing cup mating surface.) If a flat plate measure the driveshaft from the flat plate mating edge to the seal mark on the forward section of the driveshaft. Then take that measurement and measure it yourself. From differential yoke mating surface to the tail of the transmission.

Last night on Myth Busters i watched the one that they did on Slapping the sense into someone.... Consider that your slap. I hope it helps.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Are you kidding me? You come in and ask for someone to take a measurement off of a MKIII Supra for the length of a drive shaft on a car that isnt a Supra? You do know that most cars dont have the same measurements? Nobody is willing to do it probably because.... the car isnt a Supra.... Its pointless for any of us to measure it. Your engine placement and differential location is not going to be the same. If you dont know this.... take it to a driveline shop and have them do it.
Or
What i have done on other cars is look at the spot on the driveshaft slides in to the tail of the transmission. See where the oil seal is riding? Slide your drive shaft in to that point. now slide back and lift up the tail. Mate it to the diff if you can. Go up and mark the spot on your driveshaft input. Pull it out and see what the difference is.
Or
(Im not sure if you have a flat plate mating surface or bearing cup mating surface.) If a flat plate measure the driveshaft from the flat plate mating edge to the seal mark on the forward section of the driveshaft. Then take that measurement and measure it yourself. From differential yoke mating surface to the tail of the transmission.

Last night on Myth Busters i watched the one that they did on Slapping the sense into someone.... Consider that your slap. I hope it helps.

you sir, can not read, are an idiot, or maybe i just wasn't 100000% clear? i wanted to know the measurement of the supra drive train. that is all I asked for. Nothing more, at no point did I ask you whether the different placement was going to be an issue as If i have the measurement i can figure that out.

CV shafts have this magical ability of "working angles" the placement of the diff can be forward or back a few inches without wearing on the CV a lot.(tripod joint usually 26*, Rzeppa Joint usually allows 45* of articulation)

Don't go calling someone an idiot because you assume something.

I know someone is bound to jack their car up at some point in time.

P.S. thanks for being counterproductive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts