Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate some advice from ppl who have driven this before...

When driving down along the 44 from Illinois into Oklahoma, what's the quickest way to Dallas? Is it taking the 69 south before Tulsa (this turns into the 75 later) or is it continuing down the 44W and in Oklahoma city taking the 35 into DFW?

I'm driving down from Chicago, so I'll have been driving for 12+ hours...

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,712 Posts
Tape the front with painters tape, oklahoma to dallas has tons of big rigs that will ruin your day in a hurry.

I just drove my car here from chicago, we took 55 to 44 to 35 into dallas :)

Jon

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'm taping up the whole front and the mirrors :D

Anyone ever take the 69/75?

·
7M Love
735 Posts
Instead of I-44, I would take the Kilpatrick turnpike. It runs along I-44 pretty much and is a ton faster (only costs like $1.25 or something). Once you get into OKC metro, get onto I-35 South and take it all the way down to Dallas.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The fastest way is keep driving on I44 and in the middle of the city take 75S. From tulsa to dallas 220miles, tulsa to OKC 110miles andthen another 200 to dallas.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was worth it to drive to OKC to take the 35 or not....

I'm coming down the 44 NE of Tulsa though, so isn't it even quicker to take the 69S there than to drive into Tulsa and take the 75S? I appreciate the advice :)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Either way it would be same. If you are comming during the busy hours then take 169 coz there is a construction on I44.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!

·
7M Love
735 Posts
Yeah, sorry. Now that sadil mentioned it, it makes more sense to go down 75. I just posted up the kilpatrick turnpike out of habit. Although that 110 miles to OKC goes by in about an hour and 10 minutes max :p.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Like adil said, drive from I-44 to 75 South. No sense in driving to another interstate highway. Tulsa to Dallas is about 4 hours. I've driven this before from Chicago to Dallas. Lived on the north side of Chi-town.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I made it but it was the worst part of Chicago-Dallas. It took forever, it was dark by then and I got a ticket too because I couldn't see the cops ahead of time like the rest of the trip.

Anyone know if I should plead "guilty" or "no contest" by the way? :) I'm not pleading "not guilty", it's 3 hours to the court and it will cost more than just paying the fine. The cop said it won't go on my record if I pay... 82 in a 70.

Next time I'll probably try the 75 or even the 30. The 69 had some really shity parts in it going through towns with 35 and 45 zones going on forever. Nice stretch of newly built road along those lakes though, perfectly smooth and straight. Some of the best I've ever driven on in the US.

·
Registered
820 Posts
cherzra said:
Well I made it but it was the worst part of Chicago-Dallas. It took forever, it was dark by then and I got a ticket too because I couldn't see the cops ahead of time like the rest of the trip.
Sorry to hear about the ticket. Let me guess, at the end of Indian nation turnpike near McAlester.
About the ticket I say call them and tell them you are from out of state and just pay the fine.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not sure, it was pitch black.. the ticket says town of Caney. I usually see them when it's light, but it was 22:30 and he was parked in the divider lasering oncoming traffic. I had no chance :)

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
I got mine in a town called Atoka (or something like that). Sheriff busted me going 3 mph over. I was pissed. I was like 3mph was that even worth it? Later I found out that the town has the state penn there so that made a lot os sense.

-Joe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts