Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought my first Supra TT 6 speed and i want to learn how to drive it. Dont get me wrong I know how to drive a stick fairly well but im looking for a little serious race tracking instruction. Anyone have any expierence with Socal Race courses where you bring your own car? im looking to spend a few hundred bucks for a one day course. Let me know...would be greatly appreciated

Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
www.drivingconcepts.com
One on one driving instruction by first class instructors. As you progress, you can also get your SCCA license w/ their race school. I've taken about 5 weekends(....or more) w/ them and have found little to compare(if anything.)
I'm not a great driver, but I want to know how and why things happen-as I improve.
Good chalk talk...and lots of track time. Expensive though...

Best of luck!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
decooper:

hey i checked out that website....looks like good stuff. Im thinking about signing up for nov 8th at willow springs. Would you still reccommend it if im only planing on taking one class. Will i get $400 worth of instruction in your opinion? It is too expensive for me to take more.

Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mike
yeah, I would....just because I think its the most intense schooling around.
If you can continue w/ the Open Track/nasa events those are about half price...but still very good(as fleadh says) . TCRA has a school (mild compared to driving concepts). For max track time, check out

www.speedtrialusa.com(ricey, but good)
www.touringcarclub.com(more mature like opentrack)

I'm doing the TCRA event myself (the weekend of the 20th?) boost permitting.
I blew (I think an intercooler hose @ Buttonwillow last weekend)...
There's never enough Supras out at the track( although we had a good turnout last weekend-3 on the track, and mighty Max w/ his t-78 stopping by to visit)
Fun Stuff!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts