Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '97 Auto NA with a recurring P1300 code, followed by P0500 code. I have spent considerable dollars and time (professionally and personally) trying to fix the problem without results. The mechanics tell me that cannot find anything wrong, clear the codes only for them to come back adrive or two later. Then after another drive or two they go away (this is not my daily driver and its garaged). I have replaced the igniter several times, checked harnesses, etc. and still have no luck.
The only thing that stands out in my mind is that I have a Micro 6008 alarm that was poorly installed by the previous owner. I found the alarm's power wire leads connected to the radio's hot (red/yellow) leads, which I corrected and still I get codes after under 30 miles of driving.

The Supra drives and shifts great, and gets the expected gas mileage it should. One of the shops worked on it for several days and were so baffled they did not charge me (older guy who love Supras! He even clean my throttle body). I have also changed the battery and had the system tested for power drains, etc. It starts fairy quickly most of the time, but when it seems to take longer (we're taking an extra second or two), I can pretty much predict another check engine light is coming. Other than the alarm, I also suspect the ignition switcher or the starter may be part of problem, but I may be reaching at straws. Lastly, both shops said they ran all the known tests to check for this or similar problems.

Any advice would be appreciated and please know that I have checked and tried the approaches outlined in the threads, but after buying another igniter I'm losing what little hair I have left...

Thanks!!

BD

·
Registered
174 Posts
Check your grounds on both the chassis and engine. Hit them with a wire brush, and where they make contact with the bolt, to ensure a clean contact.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts