Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a supra but a dsm turbo. I figured most anyone here could answer this. I got in a little wreck and my intercooler got damaged. It idles real bad so I'm thinkking this. I was wondering if I could drive about 15 miles in this condition shifting at like 3k rpms. I know ideally i should replace the ic as soon as I can but I may need to move the car from one location to another. Thanks for any help.

C

·
0 Posts
I would think it would be fine

numerous turbocharged cars have come non-intercooled

some Z31s and old Volvos come to mind. It should be fine if you don't boost very much.

·
0 Posts
Are you asking whether it is alright to drive with a massive leak in your intercooler or are you gunna physically remove the intercooler?

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
It sounds like you might have a pretty bad leak in the intercooler. I don't think it'll hurt anything to move it, but be careful about running it hard. If the hole gets too big, it might become immovable.

Eric

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys
I was just gonna drive iwth the damaged intercooler. It seems it is fine, especially for my purposes of just relocating the car to replace the intercooler. Thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts