Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dropped in a K&N replacement panel filter in my 96 TT and it seems that the idle has come down to about 700.. is this normal or is it the "ECU learning" its new filter? with air con and lights its about 950..but boy has it made a difference in acceleration..it spools faster and feels much more powerful.. i wonder what the decats and the new exhaust do..!!

· Registered
311 Posts
The ecu could be learning and getting its minimum idle flow of air and gas. So in theory, yes, the ecu is learning the new air/gas flow mixture and it adjusted, which is why your feel your spooling faster.. The KN is allowing a less restrictive flow of air. My question is, if its allowing a better flow of air, are more particles getting in the mix? (I dont think so)...

Anyone?

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess it was learning its all fine now. I dont think jap spec supras have maf or egr. Do they? And the filter is just free flowing but i doubt it will allow more particles of dust in. It is indeed well made.

· Registered
11,198 Posts
yes, the JDM has MAP and no EGR and not to burst your bubble but while doing research for my own filter needs, i found research, which i wish i could find again, that rates the K&N as one of the lowest in air flow, ie, most restrictive.

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.