Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put an intake in my 95 n/a supra- i read all about thomas's setup and i just dont have the resources to do it. Does the K&N drop in filter do anything for performance? What mods to the stock setup do you have to make it fit? (like taking the black bx off) . What is the MAF? and do i have to do anyhting to the MAF to put the K&N filter in? I live close to titan motorsports (25 minutes) - do you suggest i just go there and them do it? One more question - does a rear strut bar for a TT fit on the N/A? Thanx

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
DanSupraMan said:
Does the K&N drop in filter do anything for performance? What mods to the stock setup do you have to make it fit? (like taking the black bx off).
it will add a little performance because of more airflow. There should not be any modifications needed in order for it to fit, it should just drop right in

What is the MAF? and do i have to do anyhting to the MAF to put the K&N filter in? I live close to titan motorsports (25 minutes) - do you suggest i just go there and them do it?
The MAF is the sensor that reads the amount of air going into the engine( the sensor is located in the aluminium housing with the small black box on top; right behind the black box with the filter) . What you do to modify it is shave the edges down on the opening of the aluminum housing and take off the honeycomb grill. By taking off the honeycomb and maing the edges flush on the aluminium housing you increase the amount of air going into the engine and allow it to flow smoother. So you get more throttle responce, and more power. you do not need to modify this to make the air filter fit. If you have a dremmel tool you can do it at home in 25-30min. the only 2 things you have to worry about is not going through the aluminium, and be sure to take out the small black box on top of the aluminium houseing (its just undo the 3 screws you see on the box and pull it out)and be very careful with it. Store it in a plastic bag while its out of the housing and in a safe place so it doesnt get dropped stepped on etc

One more question - does a rear strut bar for a TT fit on the N/A?
Yes it does :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts