Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PSN iD: No_Ka_Oi_808
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in my car (97 camry) i have 6 1/2's up front, and 6x9's in the back. I plan on running 6 1/2 comps in the front (Diamond Audio), and my question is, will i actually need rear speakers if i will run a sub? if so which are some good rear speakers that you would reccomend? I have been told mix things, both yes and no... let me know what you think! also if i jus do the 6.5's up front what amp would you reccomend..(diamond audio hex's)

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
I would still keep them. Just run a good 4 channel amp for all of your speakers and run a seperate one for your sub, you'll see better power from that. I like my JL 300/4 for my speakers and the JL 500/1 for my W7. For 6x9's just go listen to a bunch of different ones, there are tons out there: Alpine, RF, Pioneer, Sony, etc. The nice thing about 6x9's is that they'll still put some power out to fill the back of the car w/ sound while your 6.5 components fill up the front seats. Then let your sub take care of the bass entirely, that'll help your speakers last longer.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My opinion has always been NO. Unless you have a system setup for surround. Theorys about on many car audio sites/new groups, But the basic premise is that the soundstage should appear to be on the dash. Any rear speakers would move the soundstage back. The music tracks themselves are recorded in stereo with only a left and right and should be listened to that way.

This is all for a front passenger only car. If you had people sitting in the back, they might be upset if they couldn't hear anything except bass.

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
Sound quality? 1 10W7...all you need unless you want everyone and their sister to hear you...in which case I would say 2 :)

·
PSN iD: No_Ka_Oi_808
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you live in racine^ Would you mind given me a ride? I will pay you. i have never had a ride in a supra before!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts