Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I was trying to remove my sparkplug socket from my ratchet, it flung off right into the IC pipe by the fender.

Fucking just my luck, out of anywhere to land, it goes there...I threw that ratchet like a hundred feet i was so fucking pissed.

Anyway, if I try to remove those IC pipes they will crack, I just know it. They are 17 years old and impossibly frozen on.

I tried one of those flexible grabber thingys but no bones.....

any help?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Pull out the pipe... it's made of polyethaline (SP) and it wont crack.

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
lol thats pretty bad luck, lol dont try and get it off, i did that once with vacuum cleaner piece, i did get it off after i threw the vacuum and the hose broke lol. the flex magnet, or one of those flexible grabbers should be able to get it

·
Registered
393 Posts
imagine this: finally get engine back together, just finished the oil pan gasket and you are finally pleased with it. when attaching the fuel filter dropped a nut all the way down to the bottom of the oil pan. Luckily i grabbed it with one of the above mentioned magnets. thank god :rolleyes: :dumbass:

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
in auto when me and my freind were changing the plugs on his car, he dropped a screw from the engine cover, into his cylinder, luckily it was near tdc so we just used one of those flexible magnet things, saved his ass there

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
lol unless it has pretty damn powerful motor i dont think it would help. if you could somehow create a very powerful vacuum. you might be able to suck it out.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
toyota_supra_1988 said:
in auto when me and my freind were changing the plugs on his car, he dropped a screw from the engine cover, into his cylinder, luckily it was near tdc so we just used one of those flexible magnet things, saved his ass there

When i was finishing up replacing my HG i was sticking stuff back on the valve covers and one of the long bolts that screws in one, about 1 inch long droped in the #3 cylinder. :freak: needless to say i was fucking pissed and threw shit everywhere. i had one of those wirey things you push the top down on and a little claw comes out. did that shit for about 2 hours and finally got it out!!! WoOt!!!
consider yourself lucky its just an intercooler pipe :bigthumb:

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Spoolme said:
When i was finishing up replacing my HG i was sticking stuff back on the valve covers and one of the long bolts that screws in one, about 1 inch long droped in the #3 cylinder. :freak: needless to say i was fucking pissed and threw shit everywhere. i had one of those wirey things you push the top down on and a little claw comes out. did that shit for about 2 hours and finally got it out!!! WoOt!!!
consider yourself lucky its just an intercooler pipe :bigthumb:
Hahahah nice...

I lost a drill bit down my headers heat shield... engine was hot so I went back looking for it a bit later, couldn't find it and still haven't :dunno:... -1 drill bit :(

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
chalk up one more for me... while finishing my buddy's head rebuild on his MKIV we also dropped one of those little bolts that hold the coil pack cover into one of the cyls... we didn't know which one it went in cause it bounced everywhere and it took a while to find it... it wasn't in any cylinder :doh:

then when we were almost done with it we dropped one of the same little bolts down into the timing belt chamber and had another hell of a time getting that one out of there too :rolleyes:

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
^^lol, i thought i was the only one that did that. Yeah, those things with the claw and when you push the end it opens are hadny, i dropped the rathcet when i was trying to do the knock sensor on our maxima, lol i didnt think the engine would be that hot, lol but when he dropped that screw in the cylinder you should have seen the look in his face, lol. i was laughing my ass off.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Its called a MECHANICAL FINGER people!! (referring to what y'alls are calling the claw thingy), and btw, a magnet will help ya or bite the bullet and drop hose... aight peace :chicken:

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
lol THE RAGE! Good thing you controlled yourself. I punched in my fender last week I was so pissed working on the car. $250 mistake.

Anyway just pull off the bottom hose and hopefully it will be right there

1 - 20 of 28 Posts