Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went very, very smoothly, had the engine in the car and mounted in roughly an hour and a half. A big credit to becauseican and his bracket's which gave me no trouble at all, and fit perfectly. I highly reccomend them to anyone doing this swap in a pre-89 car.

No surprise the 2JZ throttle cable was too short, so I'll be using my 1JZ TC, which I should have done to begin with. One surprise I did come across was getting the auto trans. crossmember mounted, it took some dremeling, and a little persuasion, but I got it on.

I've got the ECU mounted and wiring attached, still need to wire in my E-manage and wire my 550's up with the 7m's resistor pack, and measure up my battery cables since I moved the battery out back. Need to mount my radiator, elec. fan, get some new tranny lines, a fuel fitting, and it's ready to start!!!!

Overall today went perfectly, even though rain tried to stop it, once my buddies and I got going, everything just kept going along.

I have pictures but the computer I use to upload pictures on to is currently completely overrun with spyware so I'll have to figure out another way to go about getting them posted. I have to say the 1J looks damn sexy in the car!!!

So that's what's new in my neck of the woods, I'll let everyone know when I get it started.

~Bryan.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
awesome, need pics though.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
w000t!!! fire her up bro!! glad to hear it went smoothly! send me pics if u need a host

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use photobucket to host them, just no way to get them from my camera to the computer. The computer I'm using now is too old, doesn't have the capability to do so, and the other computer is getting fixed.

Yeah, I was quite suprised / relieved at how everything went. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to start it within the next couple weeks.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
suprajunky101's 1j is auto...

·
MVP performance
895 Posts
Fastlane!
glad to hear everything went smooth so far, good luck with the rest. South Florida need more 1j's ripping new a??holes on the roads.

Later. (Saturday)

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I went auto, I've had to much fun with turbo automatic cars, I love em'. Plus, I shimmed the accumulators, so shifts should be really firm. I'm anxious to try the Suprastick, Suprajunky how do you like it?

We'll see how well it holds up to the E.T. streets I got, once I get it running and out to the track. Gunning for mid 12's, on the stock twins!!!

I did however find out today that the radiator I got is too big, and hits the IC pipes on the intake side. I may have to do some fabbing to get it too work. Or, go with my 7M radiator which I really don't want to do.

EDIT:

Hey Viking, you brining that truck of yours out to the BBQ next weekend, I want a ride in that thing!!!

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
my 1jz is also an auto,alot more fun then 7m auto.the ijz spools so fast even as an auto,feels more like a supercharger.drop it in low doing like 30 and it takes off hard

·
MVP performance
895 Posts
EDIT:

Hey Viking, you brining that truck of yours out to the BBQ next weekend, I want a ride in that thing!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

That is the plan Fstlane, I am trying to convince mygirlfriend to come with me so i can bring the "DAWG" & the truck.

I think it is going to be a god meet, Later.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I don't know where you're from Viking but here in America, its spelled "DOG" not " DAWG ! " See too much boost can have negative effects ones vocabulary also ! LOL ! By the way nice going fstlane88 !

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
fstlane88 said:
Yeah I went auto, I've had to much fun with turbo automatic cars, I love em'. Plus, I shimmed the accumulators, so shifts should be really firm. I'm anxious to try the Suprastick, Suprajunky how do you like it?

We'll see how well it holds up to the E.T. streets I got, once I get it running and out to the track. Gunning for mid 12's, on the stock twins!!!

I did however find out today that the radiator I got is too big, and hits the IC pipes on the intake side. I may have to do some fabbing to get it too work. Or, go with my 7M radiator which I really don't want to do.
Relocate your battery, like i am. I'm also putting "speed holes" in my car too. The intake side is going to have a similar hole to the air filter location to make room for the 2.75" pipe that's going there.

Don't sacrafice cooling, especially in your area, for ease of use. I'm running the PWR and with the FAL's you could get it to work okay withw 2.25" piping and a little smaller battery and some work.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You make a good point especially since the radiator I have is huge, and is made to cool SBC's.. err 5+ liter engines.

I contemplated re-routing the IC piping, might as well do it since the battery is already going out back, and the spot where it used to be is just a rust mess anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts