Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, I have rewired the 1jz loom into my jza80 body plugs, I followed a guide & wiring diagrams can't get it to start, I have got some power however. Do i have to bridge the auto wires? there's about 10 auto wires from the 1jz-gte loom just chilling. I read you can use a Auto loom/ecu for a manual but no the other way around

My build is a 6 speed manual, 1jz-gte loom & manual 1jz ecu however. I'll triple check my wiring but is there any common problems why it wouldn't be starting, Like the auto wires?

Anyhow, i created this thread to ask can anyone confirm if the 1jz-gte & 2jz-gte Engines/looms are nearly identical. What i'm trying to figure out (after having this headache with the wiring) I am tempted to buy an Haltech Elite 2000 or 2500, Now where i'm confused they have a jza80 2jz option or 1jz option, Now me having a 1jz supra, Which route would i go?

I would go the 1jz-gte ecu wouldn't i? As the 1jz loom still has the 1jz ecu plugs, But i re-wired the body loom plugs ofcourse to go into my jza80.
I am thinking of buying a new custom loom, I don't want to spend the money on a loom, But it's an option. Going to try sus out the wiring first, Just wondering what is my best option? I know there's some people who have been in this situation and it's alot of money to spend, Just wana make sure i'm doing it the right way.

Appercaite any help alot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My thinking on why asking if the 1jz/2jz looms & engines are identical is because i was thinking..

1jz jza80, Couldn't i of just brought a 2jz gte loom, Then i'm pretty sure the GTE/GE would have the same body plugs, So if i got a 2jz gte loom, That probably would of plugged straight into the 1jz-gte motor, Then into my jza80 body plugs & ofcourse i'd have to get a 2jz-gte ecu OR standalone

But it would of saved me doing any wiring or stuffing around just plug and play, Could of picked up a 2jz-gte loom for a few hundred saving $700 or so.

Can anyone confirm this for me? Anyone have a RZ & SZ?

·
Super Moderator
10,037 Posts
I can't speak on the 1JZ in a JZA80 part, but yes you will need to jump the neutral start switch lockout to get the engine to crank if you use an auto harness, even if you're using an MT ECU.

Also, I've heard of many people running a JZA80 or JZS147 ECU and injectors on a 1JZ-GTE without any fuss, so I'd imagine that using a full 2JZ-GTE harness on a 1JZ-GTE would work just fine so long as the cam sensors, etc were wired to match.

·
Band on the Run
1,041 Posts
hey soupsector, dont know if you already solved this but I actually had a 1jzgte engine in my jza80 I had a drtweak wiring harness made for it and I just recently removed the engine to go to a 2jzgte vvti, if you still cant figure out the wiring then I can sell you my harness I also have a 1jzmines ecu and safc that it was all connected to. It has one or two small connector clips that are alittle busted when I pulled the engine out but nothing is defective and I had no issues ever with the 1jzgte(my car is also manual)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts