Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ooooo man buddy this was fun stuff. Saw this down the street from my girlfriend's a couple times. Today I drove by it and saw a piece of paper taped to the window, so I was thinkin, maybe it's for sell?

Later that evenin after I left my g/f's I went to talk to the owner, real cool guy, was telling me EVERY detail about it. Hooker headers, edelbrock carb, mild cam, turbo 350 tranny, etc etc, looks pretty good, has had alot of work done on it, he starts it up after flooding the carb once, damn this thing was loud. Sounded real nice, had a nice small idle lope. Guy then ask me if I wanna drive it, I'm like, uhhh you can drive, lol he's like no no go take it around the block, so I say um ok, I then ask him if he's coming and he says ok I guess so. I couldn't believe this guy was gonna let me drive his car around by myself after just meeting him 15-20 minutes earlier. One heck of a guy!

I ease it out of the drive way, go about 20-30 through the neighorhood, get on a little straight and ask him if I can get on the gas he's like go for it! 30-60 in no time, quick little thing, I could only imagine if it had an LS1 or something in it. Rode real well, the brake booster needed to be fixed but other than that it was a blast to drive. Needed some minor cosmetic work, but overall it ran great, was only askin 5600 for it or wanted a chevy or toyota truck as a trade.

If I had the means I'd definitly pick this up, I had never driven a swapped vehicle before, regardless never even driven a Nissan and I got to drive an old ZX with a 350! I was shaking afterwards cause it was just so cool.

·
Classic Cars = Secks
490 Posts
:wtflol: This post made me sick to my stomach.

Numbah one: It's not a NISSAN, it's a DATSUN

Letter B: There is no such thing as a "260ZX".

In 1976 it was already the Datsun 280Z (NOT ZX, there's a difference. A HUGE DIFFERENCE), not the 260Z or the fabled "Nissan 260ZX".

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Typenamehere said:
:wtflol: This post made me sick to my stomach.

Numbah one: It's not a NISSAN, it's a DATSUN

Letter B: There is no such thing as a "260ZX".

In 1976 it was already the Datsun 280Z (NOT ZX, there's a difference. A HUGE DIFFERENCE), not the 260Z or the fabled "Nissan 260ZX".
Lol thats what the guy had it listed as, and my bad I thought it was a Datsun but wasnt sure when it changed over. In your sig, its the car on the right, thats what I drove.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
there is a guy on here with a 260 with a RB26DETT in it IIRC. Sexy as a mother fucker too, where did he ever go?

·
Classic Cars = Secks
490 Posts
Iamthebull said:
Lol thats what the guy had it listed as, and my bad I thought it was a Datsun but wasnt sure when it changed over. In your sig, its the car on the right, thats what I drove.

That's an early '74 260Z (my latest project). If it was a 76, it was a 280Z, which look the same on the exterior, except they have crash bumpers and the turn signals are in a different place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts