Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
drove it today with just the downpipe.. didn't really run it too hard since it was way to loud but from what i can tell, its going to be fast.

the problem, when i installed the ps pressure line, i tightened the union bolt to the rack at an angle and now the threads are messed up. so now i'm looking to get a used one from a junk yard or something. so my question is.... are the non-turbo and turbo rack and pinion the same?

·
Registered
544 Posts
you sure you cant just tap the threads? even if it's a slightly looser fit and not 100% straight it should still be ok, maybe use another crush washer in case you're worried it's not totally straight.

i did that to my rack, but managed to find the original threads to chase pretty easily. mcmaster had the tap for like $20. i'd offer loaning it to you but it's in DC and i'm going to be in NY for a little while

shiva

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not sure if you could tap it because its high pressure there with the banjo bolt fitting unless i'm wrong. but i found a used rack for $75 which isn't too bad of a price i think.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Just make sure it's the same. 86.5-88 racks are the same N/A and Turbo, 89-92 Turbos have PPS on the racks, and 89-92 N/A's have the same racks as the 86.5-88's, unless they have the sport package, which included PPS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts