Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one done this or had it done to your car?I heard of this being done to help remove some of the smaller dings in hard to get to places like your roof or quater panels. I think you just get a chunk and being careful of how close you get to the paint, you wave across a few times and the extreme coldness helps to "shrink" the metal. It seems to be done more around the areas that get alot of hail but with all the crazy weather lately, that could be just about anywhere.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Do any reputable shops do this or is just a home remedy thing? Keep us posted on what you find out. I am really interested.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
I've tried it for hail dents, it worked some, but didn't remove them all the way. Paintless Dent Removal shops have it down now. A buddy of mine had about 100 hail dents removed (including top of fenders and doors) and you could not find one single dent.

·
non supra owner
1,775 Posts
Rajunz said:
I've tried it for hail dents, it worked some, but didn't remove them all the way. Paintless Dent Removal shops have it down now. A buddy of mine had about 100 hail dents removed (including top of fenders and doors) and you could not find one single dent.
which dent removal shop may this be?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rajunz said:
true they are great and have done past door dings and such but I have a couple small pressure dents on my truck's roof that I have to remove the headliner for them to get to it and I am looking for alternate solutions.
Now I have to find a local place that sells dry ice and I can try it out.
I will try and get some before and after pictures if it works

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
kuuligan said:
which dent removal shop may this be?

Doesn't matter which shops, it all depends on the individual doing the work. My buddy John does it for Dent Magic here in town. They actually have competitions for dent removal down in Florida every year. :wtflol: I believe he placed like 16 out of 100 entrants in the nation. I'm going to have him do my Supra. :)

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
I heard about this being done by taking the air in a can for computers and turning it upside down and spraying. So I tried on some small door dings. I went through about a half a can on one small dent and froze the hell out of the area. The ding shrunk but then came back after it warmed back up. I wonder if I needed to use up the whole can?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
^^^^ thats pretty kool. Since those things are easier to find than dry ice. I don't think I have any dings but does anyone wanna try and let us know on here?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DrMike said:
I heard about this being done by taking the air in a can for computers and turning it upside down and spraying. So I tried on some small door dings. I went through about a half a can on one small dent and froze the hell out of the area. The ding shrunk but then came back after it warmed back up. I wonder if I needed to use up the whole can?
wouldn't that hurt the paint?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts