Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some leather is some what soft and comfortable, the seats in my ride are pretty dry, and luckely dont have any cracks in them yet, and i just got the car a few days ago and i would like to take care of the seats before its to late. Any suggestions on what leather care i should use to make the leather softer and shinier?

Right now just feels rough and hard, and looks flat.

thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so we have crap and then we have the good stuff?

i hear Meguire's is good so i second that... so we have 2-2 now

Is it possible to get the leather seats back to soft leather like it was from factory? i mean seriously my seats feel like they are the bottoms of my feet dry hahaha

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,462 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
you want to let the leather soak in the conditioner...on a hot day, lather your leather up with whatever conditioner and cover it with plastic trash bags so the conditioner doesn't dry up. leave it in for a couple of hours and then take the plastic off and wipe your seats down...that should hopefully help...i used leatherique and that method on my seats and they are super soft....but then again, mine were never really that hard to start off with

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i picked up some Meguire's Leather care today at autozone it was on sale for like $3 or something... i tried it a little but it didnt do much, but then again it was cold out, and i should wait for when its hot and use plastic to cover the seats like Casper said and let it sit... hopefully that will make em soft, if it doesnt work then ill end up buying leatherique and go from there...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
MDSuPeRStAr said:
Quoted for truth
Just ordered some, I hope it does the trick!!

The only reason I just spent 40 bucks on leather conditioner is because I've been using Meguiars leather care and am not that impressed. I want something that will really soften and rejuvenate my seats, so I think it's worth a shot.

M

·
0 Posts
NickT916 said:
well i picked up some Meguire's Leather care today at autozone it was on sale for like $3 or something... i tried it a little but it didnt do much, but then again it was cold out, and i should wait for when its hot and use plastic to cover the seats like Casper said and let it sit... hopefully that will make em soft, if it doesnt work then ill end up buying leatherique and go from there...
You asked for opinions and Meguiars wasn't a slam-dunk- you tried it anyway :die:

·
Registered
16 Posts
As mentioned above, the other leather care products don't compare -- Leatherique works. It costs a little more, but then again, a new pair of seats isn't cheap......

·
Registered
159 Posts
leather care

Leatherique is the real deal. I put it on during the winter months and covered it with plastic. I also put it on once or twice during the summer. Don't waste time or money. My 95 TT seats look great. At shows I always get compliments.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
vagina juice

just kidding, don't let that shit dry up on black leather. I had a tough time cleaning that stain up. Ekk!

·
Registered
598 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR you pimp! haha :biggrin:

I might try leatherique as well since you guys speak so highly of it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
i only like lexol to clean and condition...as far as bringing hard leather to be soft again, it doesn't do that great of a job

·
CHP's prime suspect
403 Posts
just ordered leatherique... hope it cures my seats!

thanx for the recommendation fellas

1 - 20 of 36 Posts