Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Real Girl Thread FTW!
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You might be a DSM'er if:

1= If you've ever had to explain crankwalk to a mechanic....

2=If you have a garage full of spare engines, just in case....

3=If you've tried to bolt your old 14b onto a riding lawnmower....

4=If you've hit your head on the B-pillar during an AWD launch....

5=If you have a running tab at the local tranny shop....

6=If you go rallying in your daily driver....

7=If your driveway has divets in it cause your car never moves....

8=If you have a trophy case full of Honda and Mustang emblems...

9=If you eat "rice" for dinner....

10=If people recognize your car by the sound of it's lifter tick....

11= If you drive 5 extra blocks for a gas station that has 1 more octane point.

12=If you get refused on your tread wear warranty every time you have tried, because of poor alignment.

13=If you bought half of your performance parts at Home Depot.

14=If every time you beat up a V8, they tell you that something was wrong with their car.

15=If you find yourself hanging with bikes out of the hole.

16=If people ask you what's wrong with your car because it keeps making this noise.

17=If your friends get beat in a race and call you immediately after to rematch for them.

18 = You have had to send a tow truck back to the towing garage because you needed a flat-bed.

19 = You always request parts for an Eclipse because the parts stores always lookup the AMC Eagle.

20 = You drop whatever you are doing when the UPS man brings a new part for the car. And then spend the rest of the day installing it.

There's a shitload more of this. If you have any post them up! :bigthumb:

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
if you have your favorite dsm shop and towing company programmed into your cell.

if when you launch your instant reflex after making the 1-2 shift is to turn off your windshield wipers

you have a stock pile of 1g hatch struts

if you have a wooden/metal hatch prop cause youre tired of changing hatch struts

:)

·
Diehard 4G63/AWD User
666 Posts
You have to call your buddy to bring your "spare" & "jack" when you get a flat on the highway. :rofl:

If you drive an Eagle Talon and frown when people keep asking you whether your car is an Eclipse OR, you have had to explain to that person who said that Eclipses are "better" why that is not true.

You have had to explain "fuel cut" to a puzzled passenger after it happened.

There are too many.

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOL my friend owns a DSM and i must say, atleast 95% of those comments hold true.....Exactly for him.

He has a 95 Eagle TSi AWD w/ 18G, FMIC, 550's, 3" downpipe/full exhaust/Intake, Blitz BOV, Fuel Management system, tranny cooler, SAFC2, Rebuilt tranny.....Full suspension.......blahblahblah,

he has personally rebuilty the tranny w/ a shif kit, High stall TqConverter, installed every part he owns, built custom mounts, guage clusters.......and the list goes on.

Now, with his mods and hours of work, he has owned his car for about 8 months now, drivin it maybe 20 times for a total of less than 100 miles- his DSM is a piece of shit and nothing seems to ever work, the only thing the car does do well is develop new problems......

Most recently he has had 2 replace all brake pads/ rotors, 3 of 4 wheel bearings, balance shaft kit, his tranny flex plate actually exploded on him, and he is currently been trying to pry off his last "rust-welded" wheel bearing hub........

Its supposed to have 300+ WHP, run high 12's and handle like a dream, i wouldnt know, ive only drivin in it twice, when he couldnt step on it cause it back-fired past 1/2 trottle, and its basically been on blocks for the past 2 months.......is this his ultimate fate?

Finally, he converted the front/rear bumper and put a 'clipse GSX wing on it and continues to tell every1 he drives a GSX- what is it you DSM'rs have agaisnt the Talon?

·
Diehard 4G63/AWD User
666 Posts
skimboardguy said:
Finally, he converted the front/rear bumper and put a 'clipse GSX wing on it and continues to tell every1 he drives a GSX- what is it you DSM'rs have agaisnt the Talon?

Not me. :bigthumb: I actually get ticked off when people refer to my car as an Eclipse. I also don't like the Talon converted Eclipses. I love my Eagle. :bigthumb:

·
Ready. Set. Gone.
4,832 Posts
I have an AWD 2G auto DSM as my DD..my first car too. It had quite a bit of problems when I first got it. Love ripping it through the snow/rain though. Perfect toss around car. Just has a custom 3 in catback and a home depot boost controller. Doesn't sound bad...but slow.

Maybe I'll get fix it up sometime in the future(6Bolt/trans/cams etc..). For now...it does a fine job of being a beater.

All of those DSM owner statements hold true as well..haha.

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
21. You have to explain to people why your car has a "big radiator" in the front grille.

22. You have to explain to people that it came turbo "from the factory."

23. "You must have done something to it..." is an excuse and disparaging comment if you beat another car as if you had cheated some how or performed voodoo or sold your soul to the devil to make your car faster then a V8 powered vehicle.

24. You have FP, Buschur, RRE, Slowboy, Extreme, etc programmed into your phone.

25. If you have a 2Gb, people tell you it was the best looking Eclipse/Mitsubishi ever made.

26. You know where every pothole, high curb and steep drive is in your entire metro area.

·
Registered
167 Posts
lol funny shit every , i never had either but i had a starion f/b and then a conquest w/b and have been in my fair share of those posish

-fox

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
basically all those comments hold true to me...lol i keep buying the damn things and when people ask me why I simply can not give them a reason.

·
Real Girl Thread FTW!
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have had DSM's for the last 14 years, and as much of a pain in then ass as they are;.
I love them!
They are like that ugly chick that you fall in love with! (can't explain it)

·
Everybody Lies
358 Posts
In before this thread turns to shit, like every other one with that acronym in it.

My 91 TSi is relegated to winter snow duty. Plenty of nature's weight reduction :bigthumb:

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
let me ask you DSM guys a question then..

what are most of these guys running low 11's high 10's investing? Not go Home Depot 11's, but to go as reliable as possible.

·
Real Girl Thread FTW!
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mr. Wob said:
let me ask you DSM guys a question then..

what are most of these guys running low 11's high 10's investing? Not go Home Depot 11's, but to go as reliable as possible.
Built Engine Approximate $ 3000.00
Built Head with cams $ 2500.00
Shep Transmission with all the options (stg 4) $ 3800.00
Dual Disc Clutch $ 1500.00
Axles, Turbo, Fuel system, Engine Managemnt, Suspension, etc etc etc

1 - 20 of 59 Posts