Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my new chromoly DS from driveshaftshop. I don't like the quality of these welds. For those who have a steel or chromoly steel shaft from them, how do the welds look like? Would you install this DS on your car? I am a certified welder and this looks like either a cold weld or too fast of a pass to me. A nice smooth , flat bead would be better. But, if somebody has same quality welds on their DS and have not had any issues, I'll install it. Thanks.

·
Registered
595 Posts
DAMN!!!! i thought they did good work but this is crazy! :nono: is this for the black car ron?

·
Inline for the win
4,779 Posts
Request an RMA, immediately. You may want to show them how to weld, too!

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, I will get in contact with them tomorrow. I was expecting to see at least TIG welds. Flinstoneskid, who makes that DS? Mark, yes this is for the black car. DSS claims they balance their DS to 10K rpm.

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I emailed them a link to this thread along with some pictures. Expressed how I feel about the product. I got an email back this morning saying they can't believe it got shipped out that way and will do whatever I decide. I think I'll just get a refund and see if Mark Williams or SPOHN can make one for me. Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey does Driveshaftshop balance their DS's nowadays?
Back then when I asked them why I couldn't find any balancing wheights they said it wasn't needed because of the good quality aluminum they use

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Glad to hear they are going to do something about it, those welds are terrible.

·
Registered
527 Posts
That first one should be sent back immediately... The second DS looks like it was machine welded. High quality looking piece. Im also interested in who makes it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.