Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST PURCHASED A Y-PIPE KIT AND NOW I NEED SOME OPINIONS OF WHERE I SHOULD RUN MY EXHAUST SETUP. I CAN GO WITH A DUAL EXHAUST ALL THE WAY BACK OR OUT THE SIDES. OR A SINGLE EXHAUST TILTED. GIVE ME SOME IDEAS!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about that... But you dont like the idea about in the front of the rear tire?

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Single will get u better performance, but like u said u already bought a Y pipe. Personally I don't like the way a side exhaust looks or sounds, but it is kinda funny blowin ur exhaust on people :p

It's up to u, my vote is still for both out the back.

·
Registered
707 Posts
This coming from the guy that runs 13.9s in a "bone stock" MKIII :rolleyes:

Single will give you better flow, a Y-pipe is an unnecessary addition/restriction.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
maybe he means in the 1/8th mile

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 13.9 is basically bonestock... just a cold air and a short throw shifter. 550 CC injectors and upgraded turbo. But now im going 1jz!!! But back to the ?.... What should i do with the pipes?

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
as far as the pipes, whatever your prefence is well be cool as long as you get big enough piping. with dual youll have to do it like the HKS DUAL evo and run them together probably because of the gas tank

btw.... how is intake, injectors and upgraded turbo stock? :eek:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Gunriot said:
The 13.9 is basically bonestock... just a cold air and a short throw shifter. 550 CC injectors and upgraded turbo. But now im going 1jz!!! But back to the ?.... What should i do with the pipes?
wait a second, an upgraded turbo, intake, and bigger injectors is "bone stock"? you have no clue what you are saying.

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
lol i was just wondering that too, 550's, upgraded turbo, intake is far from stock lol ive only seen a n/a supra with dual exhaust, if you could get the rear bumper that has a dual pipe exit it would proabably llook pretty good. but go straight, dont go in front of the back tires, on a supra it might look silly.

·
Registered
583 Posts
i think single tilted or angled up looks hott.

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,091 Posts
With dual exhaust you're going to have to run both to exit at the same place the stock one does. I remember seeing a rare exhaust setup on here by HKS?? that was dual and exited next to each other in the stock location. Unless, of course, your bone stock car has no gas tank ;)

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
i really dont wanna seem like an ass... but thats what happens when you make a claim like "13.9 bone stock"

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay its not bonestock... I had my head up my ass when i was makin it.. Sry bout that. But go on with the setup about what i should do.

·
got sup
1,553 Posts
talking with u on aim, i still say go single out the back. With the side exshast idea u are going to be running clearance issues having to go under the frame rails.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
keep it single and use that Y make a flapper so you can run open exhaust at the track

1 - 20 of 27 Posts