Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
MK4 of Them
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering how many people have done this? What else besides the gas tank would have to be modified? it looks sick as hell imo.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
It would definetely be useless, considering that the 2JZ is an Inline 6 as opposed to a V6 setup that would benefit from a true dual exhaust. But I see no point in creating a break-off for the exhaust gases to be forced into 2 seperate directions when it could continue in the same pattern it had been before exiting through a single pipe.

But if you are speaking purely in terms of aesthetics...go for it! Because I think it looks sweet too!

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
I was coming in to say look up Steve Harvey's car but thats it right there in the red.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
I proposed doing it years ago since it would look sweet and everyone and there mother on here bashed the idea out of me LOL

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,780 Posts
I think that is a custom setup pictured above, but there is also a very similar one that HKS sold called the "Twin Dragger". You might want to look into purchasing an HKS kit if custom is not for you, I will warn you that a twin HKS exhaust is quite rare to find complete these days.

·
MK4 of Them
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I proposed doing it years ago since it would look sweet and everyone and there mother on here bashed the idea out of me LOL

LOL i wouldnt doubt that. how much work you think is involved doing it?

TrueSlide: yeah i'v seen the hks one you're talking about. matter of fact i saw one for sale the other day. can't remember where..maybe it was ebay. but those are nice too

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am pretty sure if you are searching online the actual name was the "HKS Dual Dragger"...

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,780 Posts
I am pretty sure if you are searching online the actual name was the "HKS Dual Dragger"...
You have me confused.
I thought the Dual Dragger was a two side exit exhausts for the MK3?

That is also called the Dual Evolution in Japan.

·
Super Moderator
10,588 Posts
It would definetely be useless, considering that the 2JZ is an Inline 6 as opposed to a V6 setup that would benefit from a true dual exhaust. But I see no point in creating a break-off for the exhaust gases to be forced into 2 seperate directions when it could continue in the same pattern it had been before exiting through a single pipe.

But if you are speaking purely in terms of aesthetics...go for it! Because I think it looks sweet too!
Not sure why you believe an inline 6 can't benefit from true dual exhausts that are optimized correctly. In Japan, I've seen it work, and work effectively when combined with a divided manifold and twin-scroll turbo. Keeping exhaust pulses from three cylinders separate from the other three from exhaust ports to tailpipes would be the ultimate configuration in my view. I don't pretend to understand this all that well, but I believe there could be benefits to be derived if the system was designed correctly.

I have always loved Steve Harvey's car, particularly his out-of-the-box dual exhaust set-up.

Ken.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Not sure why you believe an inline 6 can't benefit from true dual exhausts that are optimized correctly. In Japan, I've seen it work, and work effectively when combined with a divided manifold and twin-scroll turbo. Keeping exhaust pulses from three cylinders separate from the other three from exhaust ports to tailpipes would be the ultimate configuration in my view. I don't pretend to understand this all that well, but I believe there could be benefits to be derived if the system was designed correctly.

I have always loved Steve Harvey's car, particularly his out-of-the-box dual exhaust set-up.

Ken.
I stand corrected by Ken the man! lol, I see your point, but there probably won't be many people out there that could do this and be that accurate. It would be sweet as hell though!

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
I stand corrected by Ken the man! lol, I see your point, but there probably won't be many people out there that could do this and be that accurate. It would be sweet as hell though!
4800.00 and its just dual tip?? For that price it should be true dual set up like Ken is talking about and have one coming out each side of that ABflug rear bumper.

I had the idea years ago and everyone on here acting as if I was insane LOL

·
Registered
496 Posts
I wish our cars did have routing for a true dual exhaust. It would make it easier to make an emissions legal exhaust system and still make good power. You could put two 4" cats in place instead of just a single one.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
4800.00 and its just dual tip?? For that price it should be true dual set up like Ken is talking about and have one coming out each side of that ABflug rear bumper.

I had the idea years ago and everyone on here acting as if I was insane LOL
ummm

you know how much 90mm Titanium tubing cost jsut by itself? Add to that the special environment to weld Ti and that is actually not that bad a price for a Ti6a4v exhaust system.

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
there was someone selling the dual dragger setup in the forsale section about a month in a half ago maybe look for it threw google. It was only 1200 i think.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
ummm

you know how much 90mm Titanium tubing cost jsut by itself? Add to that the special environment to weld Ti and that is actually not that bad a price for a Ti6a4v exhaust system.
Oh yeah Im fully aware..... I currently run a full titanium exhaust.
I just meant I wouldn't pay 4800.00 for the dual tip look.

·
Super Moderator
10,588 Posts
It's all good, my friend. I agree about the fact no mass producer would take this particular approach, to say nothing of the expense involved in fuel tank relocation that would almost certainly cut into the 18.5 gallon capacity we currently have. FWIW, the two true duals I've heard in person were noticeably quieter than the typical 4-5 inch big bore exhausts we are used to hearing.

Ken.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Ken,
Do you recall what size exhaust was used on either of the true dual set ups you've heard? Wasn,t there a guy on here awhile back that was selling his 3037's & a custom dual exhaust he had made at the same time? That goes back a while but I seem to remember his dual exhaust being up for sale.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts