Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how you mount the second intank pump to the bracket. Now I'm quite lucky as I have one spare bracket, so I can make something nice for this supra, but in general, How do you mount the second pump to the fuel pump support bracket? Anyone with a picture?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Sorry, NO pics. I try and explain anyways. The set up is relatively simple. The brackets go side by side so the fuel pumps are side by side. On the spare bracket you'll need to cut off the top part. You do this by mounting the fuel pump and cut above it about 2 1/2" or so. Then you place them together side by side so that the filter on the spare bracket is facing the same direction as the main one. Then weld a short horizontal bracket (according to the distance between the two vertical brackets)holding the two fuel pumps together. You should also place a piece butterfly cut fuel line in between the two in order to clamp them together with a large hose clamp. Then you have different options to get the fuel out 1. T them in the tank or 2. run two saperate lines out of the tank in which you'll need to put a hole in the top of the bracket with a grommet. Hope this was helpful and not confusing

N

·
0 Posts
I will post several pics from my Fuel pump install. Please not that we removed the hose cuopling around the second pump because Bryce Danna told me he did this and the hose cracked apart from the fuel. We went back and bought a 1/2" fuel line and slit it in the middle and wrapped that around the pump to prevent to much vibration.

I wont answer too technical questions because I actually didnt do the install, SP Engineering did it. Thumbs up to SP for taking pictures for me!!

enjoy,
nils

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
DaveH said:
Very interesting Nils. Those damn TT pumps are big... :D Did you have to cut that little tray in the tank where the pumps sit? I mounted my two Walbros side by side where the original pump mounts.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/fuel_pumps_test/DualPumps2.jpg
Hey, very nice pic you have there.

Did you run just one line up to the front of the car...I am guessing that you did. What size of line did you run and what do you think it will support as far as hp goes? Could you give me a run down on your fuel system...that would be the best I guess. Thanks.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Yeah, I ran a single -6an line and used a huge inline filter. Used a paxton fpr and the stock return line. I've made 602rwhp so far and it's has worked great.

N

·
0 Posts
DaveH said:
Very interesting Nils. Those damn TT pumps are big... :D Did you have to cut that little tray in the tank where the pumps sit? I mounted my two Walbros side by side where the original pump mounts.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/fuel_pumps_test/DualPumps2.jpg
yeah, we had to cut it. I also run a -6AN and it supports plenty of fuel, when I did my last dyno pull I had to decrease the fuel pressure with the FPR cause I was running so rich.

take care,
nils

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here's a picture of the pump setups that I build. Its a -6 return line that connects to the factory rubber hose in the tank(very important to connect it) and a single -8 feed line attached to twin Walbro's.

Its a very clean install with a minimal use of rubber hose. Wiring uses the stock connector for one pump and another set of wires coming out the top of the sump for powering the second pump.

I recommend the Walbros for 2 reasons:

1. SIZE Two Supra pumps(which I've done once) don't fit easily in the stock sump.

2. CURRENT Stock Supra pumps pull almost as much current as a pair of Walbro's.

http://www.wotm.com/racing/billy94/large/pumps.jpg
http://www.wotm.com/racing/billy94/large/pumps2.jpg

You can go to WOTM under there race pages to see more info about my fuel install(the white car in the racing section has the link).

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
GSS 340 have any gain over the GSS 341??

do the GSS 340 have any gain over the GSS 341 and do the GSS 341 consume more current than the GSS 340????

M

·
0 Posts
supra400hptt said:
On my web site under fuel system there is a comprehensive "how to". I made my brackets out of aluminum.
Excellent illustrated guide by the way! Thanks for providing this info for everyone.;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts