Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a do it myselfer and I am getting ready to undergo a dual pump install with new fuel lines and FPR install. Does anybody have any directions and possibly pictures to help me with my install? Also with the dual pumps I want to run -6 steel braided lines. Are these good for my 850cc injectors? Any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks
Brian

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Dual walbros with 850cc injectors is the setup I'm running, will be good. Run power to the battery, and triggered by relays ran off the stock fuel pump ecu. -6 is plenty for the setup.

·
Yeeehaaa, Jester's dead!
682 Posts
I had to do a little modification to my stock pump hanger to get the two pumps to sit on it properly but it wasn't too bad. Be careful when putting the hanger back in or your level sender won't sit properly thus rendering your fuel gauge useless.

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
Don't forget magnetic insulation between the two pumps!

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
doesn't really matter. I would take one stock feed line and one extra line. And the stock return. Switch the second pump on at 0 psi (no vacuum, no boost). Something like that.

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
I like the idea of "Y"ing the pumps together because overall it's simpler... Only one fitting to put on the hanger, only one fuel filter to worry about, only one line to worry about...

But I don't think it makes any difference in fuel flow...etc doing it either way.

·
Turbo Member
673 Posts
Arnout said:
doesn't really matter. I would take one stock feed line and one extra line. And the stock return. Switch the second pump on at 0 psi (no vacuum, no boost). Something like that.
How could I set something like that up??? I just did the install and set the fuel press to 43 but at idle the car is runs pig rich. This would probally help...

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Digital Tripod said:
How could I set something like that up??? I just did the install and set the fuel press to 43 but at idle the car is runs pig rich. This would probally help...

You need the proper piggyback electronics or standalone to control upgraded injectors... Try lowering fuel pressure first before shutting off a pump at idle.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mav7 said:
I like the idea of "Y"ing the pumps together because overall it's simpler... Only one fitting to put on the hanger, only one fuel filter to worry about, only one line to worry about...

But I don't think it makes any difference in fuel flow...etc doing it either way.
so install dual pumps and run one -6 line all the way up to the fpr, then rail. and run a -6 line as the return?

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
superchrls said:
Hey I have some instructions from when I installed my system. It might not be exactly how you'll set yours up but it should help. I also have 2 pumps with 2 -6 lines. The second pump is wired to the battery and triggered by a relay to the stock wiring. Email me at [email protected] if you want my instructions.
+1 for a kick ass compilation of data!!!! This is exactly what I have searched for and could not find! :bigthumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts