Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I have searched and found alot of threads about the dual pump install but nothing that confirms my wiring questions and concerns, hope I don't get flamed for this :)

I just went single this year, and decided to upgrade the fuel system as well, just need a little advice for the dual pump wiring. I went with a PHR fuel system utilizing the stock feed and return and added an extra -6 feed. I'm using the stock hanger and wanted to be sure everything is correct with the install just for safety measures.

Also the previous owner did the 12V fuel pump mod and was wondering how I should wire the dual pumps even though that has been done? However I do have a standalone, that is why I'm confused about the install :confused:

I came across this wiring drawing for a dual pump setup, but don't know if it would be different since the 12V mod has been done or if that should be reversed

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Run 2 fused wires from the battery to power the pumps and trigger the relays off high side outputs in your standalone. Don't bother with the fuel pump ecu.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
One suggestion - The secondary pump that is on the additional line, i ran a hard line inside the hanger and two very small rubber hoses on the pump and on the fitting side, kinda similar to what the oem feed is like. I think that there is too much rubber hose in there. From experience, after a rubber hose is sitting in fuel, it becomes softer so i suggest a nice hardline to reduce rubber hose.

Also, make sure that rubber hose is submersible hose! It will burst after 2 weeks if it is regular fuel hose.

And change those clamps... You need fuel hose clamps not worm gear clamps

Ryan

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions! The rubber hoses are both submersible. Hoses and clamps are everything that PHR sent me with the kit intended to be used for this install

Btw Ryan - love following your build on IG

Any other ideas on a good wiring setup? Something easy yet effective

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions! The rubber hoses are both submersible. Hoses and clamps are everything that PHR sent me with the kit intended to be used for this install

Btw Ryan - love following your build on IG

Any other ideas on a good wiring setup? Something easy yet effective
Thanks... Good luck on your build.

I also agree with ^... Stage pumps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts