Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read at moreboost.org that atleast one person has done this.

Has anyone got any pics of this, how to do it and how does it look like and most important, how does it perform?

This would seem like a nice budget mod for those who cant afford a "real" FMIC.

Krister

·
Registered
759 Posts
I had been wondering the same. . .but more from a sleeper standpoint.
The flow wouldn't increase unless you ran them in parallel (and that sounds like a giant pain in the ass) and you'd have to find another location for the wiper fluid reservoir. But with the extra core surface area, you definitely could get some additional cooling.

B

·
0 Posts
Running them in series is actually going to reduce your performance due to pressure drop across 2 cores instead of just 1. Running them in parallel would get around the pressure drop issue. However....that really would be a...

giant pain in the ass

-Russ T
97 T6

B

·
0 Posts
I have seen 3 SMIC for a DSM welded together. Most DSMer's are on budgets, so they try everything. He ran 11.999 or a very low 12 on his DSM wih it. It could work for a Supra, but I wouldn't recommend it.

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Ive seen it in person with a guy who did a small single kit on stock fuel just for budget...I drug him in my BPU car! Plus it looks like ass and can't be effecient

·
Registered
107 Posts
how about attaching a box thats removable around the intercooler. Fill the box with anti freeze (ethylene glycol) and dry ice mixture. Make the intercooler about -65 so that youll be running much cooler air.
this would be for dragging the car then you can drop the box for daily driving.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
henry faltovic (hope thats right) from nj runs this set up he was the first to do so (im 99% sure) try talking to him at nemkiv.com

sorry im not allowed to post pics but his setup is sweet.

B

·
0 Posts
On the nz_mkiv site there is a guy (Lyndsay I think) who welded 3 stock IC cores in series as an FMIC. Worked out quite well, and he has a bunch of calculations to support his theory...

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Heh, I love the people who have these IDEA's and support them by stating abunch information they got out of there Science book.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts