Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is me (Duane) using Ron's account. he can't log out so I thought I would post on his account.

Here is my new set-up. New intake front facia flow tested at 330 CFM per runner (better than the MKIV Veilside ;)) !! I have added a 3.5" TB and 3.5" intercooler piping. I have used the TPS from the Q45 and works great (thanks to Quickstrike for the TPS ;)) The intake makes the engine bay not only cleaner but makes for quicker spool and more power! I plan to dyno the car in a few weeks! I was waiting on some cams from Japan but they won't be here in time for me to have them in for the dyno runs. :( Ron has helped me in so many ways I just wanted to say thanks and for anyone else that has helped along the way. HP goal? I will leave that up to you people to guess but I am pretty confident that this intake set-up will gain some good power.

Note: Notice the tag on the intake?! I made that for my intake to show off the intake for Ron and to show appreciation. This is a limited edition manifold as I had some custom work done to it to make it my own. :) Ron and I have been working on this all weekend to get this in running order. (almost done!) Maybe in few more days we can get things going.

Shown below are some of the pics of the set-up progress. Enjoy pics. The car will be fully running in a few days and will again dyno in a couple of weeks.

PS; Some of the wiring is not done but I am sure that would be obvious.
PS again: Thanks to Michelle and Trav for letting me stay at there place every weekend while I drive up to Ron's to work on my car :) :cuddle:

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
Sick! Very impressive. THe catch can mounting is pretty original too. I also love what you did with the heater hose on the back of the head and the -AN fitting you weled to the upper Rad. Looks incredible :)

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Shoot, I didn't know that you were already to button it up.

Good to see that this stage is done...

Kevin

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,985 Posts
Dang Duane, it was really nice before, & now this. Ron outdid himself on all that beautiful TIG work everywhere.
Together you two have created a rolling work of art. Take it to Vegas, or die.
;)

Take care.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I dunno about the rest of you but I just :wackit: Duane you are an inspiration to us all.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
That radiator hose looks cartoonish, it's so weird to see fittings that big. Also, that IC piping is freaking HUGE!!!!! It looks like the piping going to the turbo is smaller than the piping leaving it. Beautiful job on all of the work.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,956 Posts
Damn.......That's nice. I was busting at the seems to find out wht this looked like when it was completed. Glad to help with the TPS thing. Post some great numbers now, and let's see wht this thing will do.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
yo duane, thats nicely done. well executed and such. what are you running for engine managment again? i noticed that your wire harness is absent in those pics. how did you route it?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
haha i see ron has put his manifold to the test with your car. i hope to see that manifold perform better then the veilside one. that would be awesome. i would have to but some from him them.

~~steven

1 - 20 of 100 Posts