Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· 2/3 HP to the Paws
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Looks like the single side swingarm and dual exhaust cans are coming back, as well as radial mount brembos. Assuming the bodywork comes out nice (e.g. 916-ish), I might just put a deposit down on one when they release it.

· 2/3 HP to the Paws
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look better than the horrid mess that got splacked onto the 749/999. :p

But yes, it's a test mule and the finish bits will certainly change a good deal. But the major components are interesting to see.

· Registered
804 Posts
I like the prelims, I am sure they will fix up that exhaust to look better on the finished product. The single sided swingarm looks massive! I wonder if they will have any flex issues with that swingarm since that is why they went with a conventional one.
I guess that the production model won't come with the data acquisition.

· 2/3 HP to the Paws
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They didn't go to a conventional swingarm because the 9xx version flexed, they did it because it's lighter than a single-side has to be for relatively equal rigidity and strength. Better for racing, so long as tire change speed doesn't come into play.

... and like Triumph, now they're going back because a very large segment of their market loves the SSS. Ducati's about the last "major" bike builder that actually listens to their buyers, as evidenced with the production of the Hypermotard.

· 2/3 HP to the Paws
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Federico Minoli is on record as referring to it as a 1098, so, that's about as official as it gets.

I suppose it's possible they could go to a larger (still) displacement, but it would be kind of out of character for Duc. My guess would be a 1098 release, followed by a 1099S, then a 11xx somethingorother "R" version.

It'll be interesting to see how they approach it.

· Registered
2,207 Posts
Hmm thats interesting. I was just going by what I read in Motor Cyclist mag and read on another forum. I just wanna see the finished version of it :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.