Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was changin the terminals on the battery cables today, and i cut too much cable, so now the positive and negative terminals wont reach the battery posts.

is there anything i can buy or do to extend the battery cables? something like big ass cable connectors you can crimp to connect just a little more extension on each cable? my positive cable, postive fuse box cable, and negative cable are too short. im just wondering if i can buy some cable and somehow connect it to the shortend cable ends to make it have some more length.

you know stuff that i can buy from autozone, kragen, pep boys, etc.

i surely dont want to replace the all the cables in the car.

*my positive fuse box cable was connected directly to the pos battery terminal, is that right? isnt it suppose to be connected to some other positive cable?

please help, thanks

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Well, theres a couple different car audio accesories you could buy that would let you add additional lengths of wire. Inline fuses and distributions blocks are just a couple that all car audio shops should sell.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
I would get one of those quick battery disconnects that summit sells or something and wire that up. Its good to have anyway to kill power to the car without removing the terminals ever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts