Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Revered friends,

I've searched the MKIV forum but could not find the answer to my question.

When I bought my car, the previous owner has already installed an AVC-R. I just purchased a Defi Boost gauge BF meter with the control unit and about to install it. Now my question is this:

Is it ok to to use the T and tap boost into the AVC-R vacuum line that runs along the intake manifold? If it's ok, do I tap it before or after the air filter?

If I am way of base, where do you suggest to tap the boost into? I've tried looking into the mkiv.com tech article, but because I drive a Toyota Aristo TT which shares the same 2-jz-gte engine as you supra folks, my intake manifold is shaped quite differently. I don't see any of the "Y connector" or the (A) spot mentioned in mkiv.com. That's why I am confused as to where to tap the boost into. Any help, suggestions, and pictures would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You can "T" off any vaccume line that comes off the intake mani. If the AVC-R has a vaccume line from the mani just use that. If you T after the filter it will help keep debris out of the gauge but will also give you an inaccurate reading should the filter get clogged.

John

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John. I think I will check into it as soon as I can find sometime this weekend. Looks like it will be a fun weekend project, I just hope it won't turn into a disaster *crossing my fingers*.

- Joko:D

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
this is sorta the same thing..

is there any way to use the AVC-R as gauges, T-ed into the intake manifold... wihtout controlling boost (using a MBC)

Brett

·
How does my exhaust smell
1,014 Posts
neonafk said:
this is sorta the same thing..

is there any way to use the AVC-R as gauges, T-ed into the intake manifold... wihtout controlling boost (using a MBC)

Brett
Yes. If you turn the boost setting to OFF, you can still monitor boost, and any other options you have wired. The boost sensor, and the actuator are different units.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Bad4URHeart said:
Yes. If you turn the boost setting to OFF, you can still monitor boost, and any other options you have wired. The boost sensor, and the actuator are different units.
won't you still have the long amount of hose that comes with the AVC-R? the MBC has less hose i think...

Brett

1 - 6 of 6 Posts